DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car has a problem,I guess it might be something to do with an electrical issue... it doesnt have any problem starting at all but the fact is the car starts and goes to 1,000 rpm but y goes dramatically down and turns off unless you push the gas pedal. what freaks me out is that today I was driving and the car suddently turned of !! :mad: brakes went down hard on me and for a while i had no control what so ever of my car. I was only a passenger in my car.

The car works fine in high revolutions , but when i dont step on the gas pedal ... it tends to do a weird noise and finally shuts done ... like no power is getting into the engine :confused:

i tried to solve my problem myself thinking it might be the battery that just had its life cycle done and bought a new 70amp battery, right now i finished cheking the spark plugs and they seem a little bit burned :confused:

what kind of problem is this guys?

·
Registered
384 Posts
check for a boost leak, that can have that affect. Sounds battery related as well, I rewired my alternator because i had the same problem and it helped it a good deal.

were your plugs black or white? if they were black you are running rich

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i changed the spark plugs and it wasn't the solution !! i am really in the air right now and dont know what 2 do.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was thinking could it be my fuel pump? when i start my car and step on the gas the car shuts off !! really really f*cking confusing... I try to make the boost leaking test at the page you gaved my but this is what i got : Archive back on line, temporarily. Archive searcher below is completely broken. archive not found

1 - 9 of 9 Posts