DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've already run a search, and couldnt find what i needed. It was all to general and not like my setup. Ok i start the car and it idles at 2300-2400rpm's warms up and kicks down to 1100rpm's and starts surging to about 1800-2000rpm's and after just sitting for awile it drops to 800 and dies(current setup below). I think it could be my injectors are to big(RC 780cc), but then i dont know why it would surge it would be running real rich, i just picked up a MSD DIS-2 but not on yet, but would it surge i dont know? I checked all my FMIC piping looking for a leak, non. no vacum lines off that i saw, im going to put a new intake and TB gasket on tommorro and run the check on the ISC, dont think it would be my TPS but never know.
am i hunting in the right direction give me some idea's PLEASE!
JE 9.0:1 pistons and rings
Eagle H-beams
Balance Eliminater kit
Cometic head gasket
RC 780cc injectors
P&P head w 2mm oversized SS valves
Crane springs and retainers
FMIC with 3" MAF
stock 14b set at 14 psi
Greddy E-manage w Profec E-01
Balanced and lightened crank

·
Registered
423 Posts
it sounds like a few issues here.
I had a bad cas, vac leaks, and improper base fueling and I was getting what you got a couple of years ago.
what vac. are you pulling at idle?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i will see what i can come up with using that, the other thing i noticed is that my battery and brake light pulse on and off is my battery or altenator bad? the idle should be a little rough i have Web 272 cams, but the surging is ticking me off, i will check my vaccum for ya

·
Honorary Administrator
17,457 Posts
Sounds like your alternator is on its last legs.

You can't just look around for boost leaks. Pressurize the intake system.

Pull the ISC and diagnose it as per the instruction on vfaq.com

Set your base idle the correct way. Directions for this can also be found both here and vfaq.com .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts