DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just removed my fuel filter a few days ago, covered all the holes from fuel rail etc to keep as much air out, then put a new OEM fuel filter today! All was well, but it idled at 600 which is a little low and sometimes it would shut off! Anyway, so I adjusted the BISS and now it idles fine. I also disconnected the neg and pos. battery to reset the ECU. I didn't ground any wires or do some other stuff I guess you're supposed to do when setting the BISS. Will I have idle problems when I go to start the car tomorrow? Thanks.

Kevin V.
Gainesville, FL
'90 Talon TSi FWD

·
Registered
361 Posts
maybe, maybe not. all you do is ground one connector in the engine compartment. what you did was adjust air flow to within range of the isc. it could be either side of the swing. best to set the base idle, then the ecu and the isc can do it's job. also a good idea to replace the o ring. also, you dont need to remove the cables, just remove the fuse for 30 sec, should be lower right side of the fusebox inside the car, the one that controls interior lites, clock, etc.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
What happens was you disconnected the battery to change the filter, you should have just let it start and idle for a few minutes without touching the throttle. It will eventually idle better.

But since you messed with the BISS screw, you have to find out how to adjust it properly now. Do a search.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

Thanks guys. I started the car this morning and it idles fine! Hopefully this will continue.

Kevin V.
Gainesville, FL
'90 Talon TSi FWD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts