DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having problems with my ignition the last week all of a sudden. Any time I'm in boost, even if the gauge reads one or two PSI, the car will stutter and start missing. After searching plugs and wires seemed to be the issue, so I bought a new set of NGK Wires and 4 more plugs, changed them out, but the issue remains (gap at .028). With the plugs/wires ruled out I thought maybe boost leak, but the car idles perfectly. I went through and tightened all the couplers just in case, still stuttering though. Right now I'm sort of unsure where to turn to next- maybe something wrong with the coil pack?

Any advice or input would be appreciated. My gas mileage is horrible and it's rough getting on the highway every day to go to work and not being able to get up the on-ramp without a fight.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Thats a boost leak. Check for leaks with an actual leak tester, don't just trust your eyes to show everything. I guarantee a leak tester will show you leaks you can't see with your eyes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts