DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my front case off and I didn't label the bolts and where they go into the front case and block. Does anyone know if it matters where they go? I mean i know it matters, but as long as it's tight will it affect anything?
Also, taking off the crankshaft sprocket bolt, i broke it. I got the bolt out and i just need to know if it matters if the bolt has a square middle on it or if i can just get a bolt to fit the crankshatft sprocket.
Would a 2g lower timing belt cover work on a 1g?

·
Registered
107 Posts
most of the bolts are the same size, maybe an inch. there are a couple of long ones, 2 for the tensioner and another longer one toward the middle, and a long 14mm that goes toward the top below the mount....3 in the upper left corner are all the same size, small, and I thing the ones on the bottom right are the same too. basically, they should all stick out the same amount when you put them in their respective holes, if it sticks out too far then it doesn't belong there. and no, 2g covers will not fit a 1g motor.

·
Honorary Administrator
4,869 Posts
Look at the balance shaft removal VFAQ on www.vfaq.com - he has the diagram from the Mitsu shop manual that shows the bolt lengths for the front case.

For the crank sprocket bolt, I'd stick with the factory one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, i just ordered the crankshaft sprocket bolt from some dealership in Missouri. Some guy told me that a 2g t belt cover would fit but i have no clue so i'll look for one, cuz i have a feeling that it will be expensive from the factory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts