DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 91 gsx with 120+k miles and it is smoking. I dont know if its the turbo or the engine. It smokes mainly when i am resting at a stop light. If its is the turbo I plan on upgrading to 16g, If it is the engine does anyone know of a good repair shop in central tx? I also have a 95 non-turbo talon and had the motor rebuilt in it. The motor was rebuilt in it because of bad rods. the rebuilt motor has no power compared to before it was rebuilt, and it vibrates when idling, the shop said it would do that at first, but its been a year now and the engine vibrates at idle and at over 4000 rpms and i have to turn the a/c off to climb hills on the hwy, could they have miss lined the timing belt??? any advise please.

·
Registered
10 Posts
it kinda sounds like the turbo to me. but if you want check out www.dsm.org. go to the technical diffaculties section. from there go to turbo problems on the next screen go to turbo troubleshooting from there it takes you to a table that you can compare what your car is doing to what could be the problem and how to fix it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
When you say you are resting at a stop, does that mean idling. Then when you go to get back on the gas like when the light turns green. That is when you are blowing out the exhaust. It can be the turbo, but it can also be the guides and seats in the head.

------------------

1 - 3 of 3 Posts