DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I put my talon in time and it started up and ran great. I went ahead and put the alternator belt and pulleys back on now it won't start, barely even turn over. Does this sound like a battery problem or an alternator problem?? I have the battery charging right now.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Sounds like a Batt issue,doesent make any sense though.IF it cranked right up just fine before replacing the belt(s) it should now unless the Batt was on its last leg.Make sure the belt rotation goes around all the pulleys correctly.Let it charge,and let us know.
Also once it is running,check the voltage on the Batt terminals.It should be around 13-14 volts.If its 12 volts or less the Alternator is either not charging,or its got a defective regulator,or rectifier diode.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone know the pitch/length of the water pump bolts? Seems the ones I got in it are too long, I'm letting the battery charge over night and seeing if it helps at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.