DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had to disconnect the battery. now need to input radio code. i read the manual but the stupid instructions are confusing. can anyone explain in laymen terms how to set the code? Here is what the instructions says:

"Press NO.1 through NO.4 memory select button (3) to set four-digit security code indicated on card. Every time each digit is pressed, the figure changes as follows: 0 - 1 - 2.....9 - 0. Press TAPE or CD button (4), and a beep will be heard and the audio system will be in the operating condition...."

I tried it and it still won't work. I pressed buttons 1 - 4 then the code and pressed TAPE but it won't work. Am I doing it wrong or did the dealer give me the wrong code? Thanks for you help and sorry its so long.

· Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
okay guys. for those who don't know, i found out how to do it. satan was actually kind enough to help me out over the phone. for example, if your code is 6789, to enter it on the radio, you have to use Preset buttons 1 - 4. Keep pressing Preset 1 until you get to 6, then keep pressing 2 until you get 7, and so on. After you get all the digits, you HAVE to hit CD then Tape (in that order). After that, it the radio will work again. The manual does not in anyway say it that way. Anyway, if you mess up 3x, it will lock you out and will have to reset it to be able to enter the code again. as some mentioned, to reset the radio, you can disconnect battery for 20-30 mins and it suppose to reset it...BUT it didn't work for me! The only way to get it to work was to leave it in the ACC position while the radio was on (with Off displayed on the screen) for an hour. After an hour in that position, the radio will turn off and you can re-enter your code. Hope this helps anyone. Sorry its so long...

· Registered
3 Posts
I bought a radio from the salvage yard from a 1095 Eagle talon vin : 4e3ak44y2se086965 serial #4811001 it’s from Mitsubishi Electric MR158583. I know this is an old thread I haven’t tried it yet but is there a lock code for this? If so can someone help me get it please. Eugene

· Registered
3 Posts
I bought a radio from a salvage yard for 1995 Eagle Talon VIN 4e3ak44y2se086965. Serial number: 4811001 MR158583. I haven’t installed it yet but is there a lock code for this radio made by Mitsubishi Electric? I know this is an old thread can someone help me get a lock code? Or how do I bypass it?

· Registered
1,244 Posts
Thanks for the detailed instructions, "spltscnd98gst". I recently bought a used 98 myself, and as soon as I can get into the console to pull the OEM unit, I'll be using your instructions and the factory website-provided code to get the stereo functioning again.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

1 - 6 of 6 Posts