DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE A 95 TALON TURBO (16G) I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE A 1ST. GEN INTAKE & THROTTLE BODY AND INSTALL IT ON MY EAGLE. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF IT WILL WORK AND HOW WELL IT WILL WORK, ANY PROBLEMS IN DOING THIS, WILL IT INCREASE MY PERFORMANCE OR IS IT A WASTE OF TIME

0)))

·
Registered
231 Posts
It will work. I know a few people who have done it. The 1G intake manifold has larger runners on them so more air flow on the top end. I would port the intake to match the block and mabye even make that a little bigger. It is hard work, swap over everything (including ingition coils or atleast the brackets). Only keep your 2G throttle body elbow, 1G's are smaller, but you can port the side that mates with the throttle boody so that is is the same size as the 1g's TB.

Hope this helps,
Zach
'92 Laser RS Turbo AWD
"RSX"

·
Registered
88 Posts
You will need to port match the head with the intake manifold for sure. Check out the Road/Race Engineering page, they have all kinds of instructions for it. You should just swap the head for a 1G too while you're at it. Then you wouldn't need to port the head! The 1G doesn't just bolt on to the 2G block, though. Once again see the Road/Race page at www.roadraceengineering.com Good luck

------------------
- Trent

1 - 3 of 3 Posts