DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was dumb and cheap and decided to purchase a ss autochrome intercooler used off of ebay. First off the intercooler did not even line up correctly I had to drill a hole through the front of my car. The bumper will never go back on correctly or ever look the same again. Ok anyway to the problem... The turbo outlet faces the passenger side of my car, while the intercooler inlet faces the backside of the driver side of the car. So the pipe needs to go 180 degrees to reach the inlet. I bought a piping kit with 180 degree bends in it. To bad it hangs to low to the ground so that when i went to test drive it I bottomed out. I am just learning and burning money in the process. any KIND suggestions would be nice i already know i have made big mistakes. Thanks

(P.S. my suggestion to anyone trying to install a FMIC for the first time that you please purchase clamps that are worth while and not shitty worm ones because they blow right off, also get a intercooler that will bolt directly on and not cause you hell by having to drill shit.)

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
I think I understand your Question. You have a FMIC for a T-25?
I don't know anybody with a FMIC and a T-25. Usually they go to a 14b which you need the Jpipe.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Well. I'm not sure but I bet you can cut off the Elbow and re weld it back on.
Note though you won't have enough air to push to hit full boost and hold until redline. I suggest you get a 16g. Usually FMIC isn't the 1st mod to do.

·
Registered
445 Posts
My SSAC intercooler install went great and its still holding up very well. When I had my t25 on with the fmic I cut a 90* piece off the stock S pipe and connected that to the t25 and a 90* L bend that came with the kit, it went together nicely, let me try and find some install pics.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Op show us pics of the IC you bought. Then we will tell you what you need to do. There should be no issue installing a SSAC IC unless you lack common sense. Then I really feel for you man. :rolleyes:

No offense Flip but I wouldn't trust my setup looking like that. If I were you I would have taken my t25 off and just cut & welded my outlet 180degrees. Its not like it would have taken all that much longer to do. The car would already be all apart.

·
Registered
445 Posts
robcatch said:
Op show us pics of the IC you bought. Then we will tell you what you need to do. There should be no issue installing a SSAC IC unless you lack common sense. Then I really feel for you man. :rolleyes:

No offense Flip but I wouldn't trust my setup looking like that. If I were you I would have taken my t25 off and just cut & welded my outlet 180degrees. Its not like it would have taken all that much longer to do. The car would already be all apart.
It held great when I had it at 17psi, plus it was much easier then cutting and welding. But eh, I have a bigger turbo now, lol.

·
Site Administrator
7,762 Posts
1 7/8 J bend (I think it is) from summit will fit that without modification.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Dejon Tool also sells a pipe specifically for that application. It's a black, 180 degree pipe going from your t-25/28 turbo outlet and swoops around to connect to your FMIC piping. When you order it, they also ask you what size you want the pipe to increase to. This is to match your intercooler piping, cuz I think it begins at 2 1/4" to match your turbo outlet. It's a nice and very helpful piece, but a little pricey at about a hundred bucks.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Hellvector said:
Good thing is though, Dejon makes some quality stuff. In my opinion they make just about the best intercooler pipes on the market.
IMO they make the worst.. Mine rusted on the inside and the flanges were super thin, they warped easy.. I also didn't like the church crap being rammed down my throat with my order.

·
Site Administrator
7,762 Posts
Burnett03 said:
IMO they make the worst.. Mine rusted on the inside and the flanges were super thin, they warped easy.. I also didn't like the church crap being rammed down my throat with my order.

That's why all their pipes are powdercoated ;)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I also love my ssautochrome intercooler. I don't like those intercoolers that route into the stock location or all around the front of the car. Small cutting required, not a big deal to me. The only downfall so far is that the throttle body elbow leaks around the welds.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Bradikus7 said:
The only downfall so far is that the throttle body elbow leaks around the welds.
Throttle body elbow usually leaks around the flange from the welding. I have never had any pinhole leaks from the welds. To fix the leak around the flange you just need to resurface it. Tops it would cost $10 at your local machine shop.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts