DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently running a SRT front mount intercooler and i have it setup like every normal joe but here's the kicker. Can you run the piping from the trim to the intercooler and run the outlit on the turbo housing to the intake manifold. and run piping with a air filter could that work? on the other opening of the intercooler?

I'm running a stock housing turbo with t3/t4 fin's it spools pretty good i'm boosting about 10 pounds any suggestion's?

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
Need pictures, kind of dont understand what you mean. If you are thinking about doing what I am thinking you are thinking about doing, dont think about it because it wont work.

Microsoft paint is your friend.

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
Do I have what you said correct?

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
YES!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have never seen anything setup like that before. I dont see how that could work. I would love to see the real pictures of the car it was done on. I can share one of my favorite civic turbo kits as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought this front mount acouple weeks ago and wanted to put it on but i did the "piping" myself and didn't have the money to pay for piping alone but 7 hours it was thrown together on my 90 Laser.

I just have a rebuilt stock housed turbo and not sure if i have to go bigger injector's fuel pump i know but it sputter's not sure why but i can take picture's and show you it's a pain in the ass the piping is gunna be redone i want no harsh comments tho lol

·
Registered
109 Posts
I was hoping people would notice all the wrong things on the civic :/

My guess is your charge pipe is not sealed so your maf is not getting proper air readings.

·
Site Administrator
7,762 Posts
The setup you posted will do absolutely nothing for cooling the intake charge. Nothing.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Dear Riot2k,

Please research how internal combustion engines work.

Then research how turbochargers work.

Everyone cites maximum boost by corky bell as a good book to read, I've never read it, but I think it would help you. Please, for the love of Britney Spears children dont post again in anywhere but the noob section until you read that book and 12 others(nonfiction) concerning some form of internal combustion thermodynamics.
I will hunt you down.;)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Don't do that. It sounds nice, but it makes absolutely no sense. Where is the piping from your intake manifold going????? It seems to be attached to some magical tube from the turbo???? Just do it right, it'll save you the trouble of realizing all the sorts of fail in this thread. :)

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
OP. Do it right or dont do it at all. If you cant afford to do it right, then dont mod the car or sell it and buy something without forced induction.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Riot2k said:
Here's what i'm talking about it's just an idea i saw it done on a car in a mag so i was just curious
Sorry but I just LMAO when I saw that. What Magazine?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Not to be a Jerk but...
Thats definately exhaust flex piping on two counts plus an ebay kit that whoever installed it put the wategate on wrong..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts