DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's a nozzle that sprays the intercooler with cold water or alcohol. They produce some very mild gains. A better way to go is alcohol injection into the combustion chamber. It acts like an intercooler upgrade and cools the charge air tremendously.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Like Donnie said it just sprayes water onto the intercooler. The Subaru Imprezza P1 has this as standard.
You can make one V easily with windscreen washer nozzels.
Water injection is ok but most only run when the car is on full chat. A much better but is to opt for a charge cooler. In the UK these are expensive ($850 US) so I am in the process of making my own out of a 2nd hand intercooler and a motorbike rad.

S1RST

------------------
The RS Fords
The RS Fords BB
The RS Fords chatroom

·
Registered
350 Posts
I had one before my FMIC. I took my rear windshield washer motor and disconnected teh washer line. Then i just ran a vaccum line from there all the way to the front of the car were the IC is, then installed a small nozzle that I had laying around to it.This way all I had to do was hit the rear washer switch and it worked. You can also do the front washer wich is easier to, but then you have to live with your wippers going back and forth in front of you as you use it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
What if you inject NOS into the inter cooler,
On the the inlet side?
This means the travels through the intercooler getting it cold as hell.
It should work, But I have not tried it.. YET :)
kid-tsi

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
I have not seen NOS sprayed into the intercooler but I have seen it sprayed from a bar across the front of the intercooler straight onto the face of the intercooler. That seems to me to be a very good way to cool the air charge.

------------------

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Jason:

How effective is the sprayer? Noticeable difference after spraying?

I find my 2G GST a lot faster on colder days so cool air is definetely a big plus.

Pretty impressive 1/4mi. time on a 2G FWD.

Joe

·
Registered
2 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joe_u:
Hey Jason:

How effective is the sprayer? Noticeable difference after spraying?

I find my 2G GST a lot faster on colder days so cool air is definetely a big plus.

Pretty impressive 1/4mi. time on a 2G FWD.

Joe
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's hard to tell a difference at the track because there are so many things to focus on and watch (EGT's, RPM's, O2's, etc.) I do know that when I get done with a race, after spraying, my FMIC is ice cold. So it has to be doing some good. On a cold night in Alabama I can get the intake temp as low as 60 degrees.

------------------
Jason D. Smithey
1997 Eclipse GS-T
Best 1/4 ET 12.45 @ 108.26 - 1.77 60' on slicks
Best time on street tires 13.3 @ 108 mph - 1.90 60'

·
Registered
60 Posts
last night i just finished my nitrous on my '97 GS-T. i am shooting it in the throttle boddy side of the intercooler. i just bought a used 5.0 NOS kit from my friend and me and my boss put it on. well it was jsut an idea to get rid of some of the turbo lag the big 16G has. i for one was very, very sketchy about the idea, but we did it and it can't even be seen. after we loomed all the wire, it looks like normal wire for nothing important under the hood, and my line is ran to the back all under the carpet. the bottle mounted perfectly to the ridge in the back next to the rear seat panels. all was good once we tightned everything up. now for the serious stuff...the test drive. me and my boss went to a nic long flat street at about 1 in the morning. my girlfriend fell asleep in the back seat while we were looking for the perfect road(heh heh, she won't be a sleep much longer :D.) well we find it and i flip the switch to on. now this is a setup to spray only at 100% throttle. so i am going about 3000RPM in second gear and floor it. SWEET JESUS!!! the thing acted like it had no lag at all!!! well i tried it from a dead stop and the tires spun all the way through most of third gear!!! oh my g/f was no longer asleep!!! i would recomend this to someone trying to get rid of turbo lag. but don't be stupid. i was running the smallest pill possible whish is like a 20 shot. guess now i better go look for some slicks for the track!!!

peace out

p.s.- i also did the front windshield wiper-intercooler sprayer on my old '95 TSi AWD and it is a good way for some small gains..if its free, why not try it...as long as its not hurting the car...

·
Registered
871 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Turbo Clipse:
well it was jsut an idea to get rid of some of the turbo lag the big 16G has.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehe, a 16g has lag??

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Registered
60 Posts
nope absolutely none...after i used the NOS...tried it tonight on a few cars and it really worked good!!! i would recomend it to any one as long as they do it right.

peace out

1 - 13 of 13 Posts