DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the interior of talon was extremely beat up when i bought it, so i decided to gut it and clean it up a bit. i started in the back with rear seat/seatbelt removal. the hatch carpet and wood were soaked from the hatch-lid drain tubes being broken and leaking in. i took all the wet stuff and all the trim pieces out. the grey trim pieces are pretty scratched up so im gonna repaint them black.. my goal here is to make my car look like it came factory black interior 2-seater.
a few of my plastic trim pieces are cracked or broken. some i broke, some came broken.. is there any way to repair these? or should i just try to buy them from a parts car? im goin through a lot of trouble and i want it all 'done right the first time'.. the guy before me fixed cracked trim by globbing clear caulk on the outside.. which i now have to scrape off.. is fiberglass repair an option? --- ive never used it, but it seems popular with interior 'modding'.
also, there are pads on my door skins that match the seats in design ( black with goofy rainbow dots).. can this be dyed black or should i recover somehow? and visors are torn up - is recovering an option?.. or should i try to find some black ones? any help, suggestions, tips, would be appreciated... most dsm forum searches helped very little .... my goal is clean, black, and maybe a few style-points

thanks - aaron

· Registered
146 Posts
I have used krylon fusion for my interior panels and it has held up great for about 9 months now. Just make sure that you wash everything really well with soap, and a brillo pad thing. Then just paint light coats until it's covered. There is a vfaq somewhere (tuners maybe?) that explains a good way to repair the broken plastic pieces. And for the fabric, I have done this also, to my visors. I used duplicolor vinyl/ fabric dye, it's in the auto section at meijers or walmart. I changed my visors from light grey to black with no side effects, except for looking 100 times better cause they aren't all stained now. The biggest thing is to make sure you take your time and spray light coats on everything, rushing through it will only make it look bad. Here are some pics of the stuff that I did:

· Registered
408 Posts
5marley5 said:
could i ask why you bought an automatic
what is the point????

Having an automatic isn't as uselss as you think. If the car is modded you will see some extremely consistent times. There are quite a few 10 second automatics out there, more than you would think.

· Registered
146 Posts
Haha sure man, lol. But thanks for the compliments. I think it only took me like 2 days to take everything apart, clean it, paint it, and put it back together. But now I will have to see if there are any improvements that I can make on the interior of my galant...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts