DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
whats the difference between 6k 8k and 10k? im new to HID but am interested? pictures would be great.

·
Registered
289 Posts
AWD_4g63 said:
whats the difference between 6k 8k and 10k? im new to HID but am interested? pictures would be great.
6K is the most white and has the most lumens aka most light output of the 3, 10K has the most color its almost a purplish type color, 8K is basically like the blue you see on beamers even though those have like 4300K its just the housing that there in. Personally id go with 6K for the best output or 8K if your into having some color to your lights. In the past ive had 7000K and 5000K HID's in non projector type housings and i liked the 7000K better it was a perfect mix of color and white but im assuming the 6000K will be aswell. My 5000K's where like pure bright white and perfect for what i used them for (fogs). Also honestly pictures wont do any of these justice, if you maybe even think your in the market for HID's then id say just do it and dont look back youll never think of headlights the same way again. Honestly i went from HID's back to halogens and i felt like my headlights werent even on at night!!!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Why did you go back?

·
Registered
289 Posts
it was not my galant it was two differnt cars i had and i decided to part them out and eventually sell them so thats what i did but i wish i would have kept the kits it was like heaven in front of my car. Honestly i didnt think they would be so good and once you get used to them after like a week of use its just great but like i said if you ever go back it will be like your blind because the HID's light up every little thing on the road. I even avoided hitting a screw in the road once because i saw it reflect off the light lol normally i dont think i would so i can credit that to the HID's. As soon as i get the money up im DEFF buying myself another set for my vr4 no doubt.

·
Registered
508 Posts

·
Banned
80 Posts
RobSterKraw said:
I'm not positive but you 1G guys with pop up lamps might be able to use the Hella conversion headlamps: http://www.hella.com/produktion/Hel...version_Headlamps/Vision_Plus/Vision_Plus.jsp

According to their catelog page 20, they have 200mm and 165mm sealed beam replacements. Maybe find some Xenon or HID bulbs that fit an HB2 socket(also called H4 or 9003 bulb).

Harv
Im intrested in getting some as one of my later mods. Are they leagal in oregon.

I have a 90 also can you messege me once you confirm that the conversion will work properly

thanx

·
Honorary Administrator
4,869 Posts
Billios996 said:
Do these work in stock headlight housings, or does it require projectors? Is there a light cutoff line, or do these just blast out light?
Thanks
Bill
Beam pattern and cutoff all depends on the optics of the housing you're fitting the HID capsule into. Rebased HID capsules simply locate the HID capsule in the same place the halogen filament would be within the headlamp housing. You'll have the same cutoff (or lack thereof) you had with halogen lamps.

Pop-up guys, definitely use the Hella H4 conversion kits (part number 72146, order a total of two kits for one car). I have them on my 3000GT (which uses the same 4x6 sealed beam setup as 90-91 DSMs) and love them. Will be upgrading to HID later on... I'm just using 60/55w halogens right now (which come with the 72146 kits).

There are no true projector 4x6 housings out there, the ones linked to above (in 46talon63's post) are absolute crap (and also a ripoff at $100, other sites have them for much less). The performance is nowhere near that of the Hella 72146 housings either. Several people on 3Si have tried them, not at all worth it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Nevermind.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.