DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 92 gsx with a 6 bolt it has a stock rebuild .20 over with arp rod bolts, 2g ported and heat coated exhaust manifold, evo3 16g turbo, rc 550cc injectors, 255 walbro hardwired, 2g maf, hard upper and lower intercooler piping, tubular vented o2 housing, fuel lab fpr. The seller threw in a slowboy racing SMIM with the car, early version without nitrous bosses... Should I install it or sell it?

·
Banned
755 Posts
The stock intake manifold is great for street use and autocrossing but in road racing it might become a restriction, especially on tracks with long straights. The power curve levels off at about 6400 RPM and if you you have (or are planning to install) cams then you should also plan on changing out your stock intake manifold with one that can support power in the upper RPM range. All of the aftermarket intake manifolds available will have shorter runners and larger plenums, which is what helps increase the power in the higher RPM range but also hurts power in the lower RPM range. This is why it's not an ideal modification for autocross. You won't see much gain in power if you do it in the beginning.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
My stock manni was dying off at 5800 RPM's my JMF pulled forever! I would swap them out...it can't hurt.

-Shane

1 - 4 of 4 Posts