DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my cay has a blwon head gasket i know that ... it smoked white smoke everywhere when it blew and smelled like 100 percent coolant .. but now the car has a severe noise problem when i start the car ... its like a loud tick just super loud .. is this normal ?? or is there something else wrong .. ??

·
Honorary Moderator
4,838 Posts
They are your HLAs. Pretty normal on our cars. Just make sure you have enough oil in it. They tend to get super loud when you're running low.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
its loud ass ticks .. loud where the neighbors will call the cops after 10 ... well when it blew i had to drive 2 towns over but the car didnt overheat anywhere past 3 quarters ..

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i cant really tell .. its too loud .. maybe its compression leaking ?? because the gasket blew so bad ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sounds to me like the coolant mixed with the oil and it got so bad that you spun a rod bearing. I would drop your oil pan, pull the rod caps off and inspect your bearings before you throw a rod through your block.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts