DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just finished replacing the head gasket along with new valve seals. We also installed a Fmic and 650 injectors. So when we were preparing to pull the head we pulled the cas plug out of the housing, it seemed like it may have broke when we pulled it out. So we got the car all back together triple checked the timing and tried to start it. Now what happens is it will start get to 1000 rpm and it seems to be missing a bit, then it will rev by itself to 3 grand and die all together. Also if you try to keep it alive it will not respond to any throttle. It also runs the same when the CAS is out as it does when it's in, which is why we are suspecting it is bad. Does this sounds like a bad cam angle sensor? or is their something else we should check. Keep in mind it is a non adjustable cas I have a 98 awd.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had the same problem when I accidentally started my car and ran it with the CAS sensor plugged. My car was in creep mode. I plugged it back in and power eventually came back, but the check engine light needed to be reset.

If I remember correctly, I think I cut the power for a bit, then reconnected the battery. Not sure if that will help, but good luck.

Also not sure if this is a case where you may need to reset your ecu. Not sure how to do that either, but I seen it before in a couple of threads.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Sorry to hijack, but I also have a similar problem. I think it may be the CAS but my car wont start. I know I'm getting spark, and the engine bay smells like gas whenever I try and start the car. The car cranks fine and very strong but no start. Every now and then if I try and start it, I get a loud pop from the exhaust like a backfire.

Edit: I also noticed that a few days before the car wouldn't start, it would crank longer to start the car. Like one day it would only take a second after cranking to start up, the next day it would be 3 seconds, then the next day it would be 5 seconds. And then finally it just didn't start.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to hijack, but I also have a similar problem. I think it may be the CAS but my car wont start. I know I'm getting spark, and the engine bay smells like gas whenever I try and start the car. The car cranks fine and very strong but no start. Every now and then if I try and start it, I get a loud pop from the exhaust like a backfire.

Edit: I also noticed that a few days before the car wouldn't start, it would crank longer to start the car. Like one day it would only take a second after cranking to start up, the next day it would be 3 seconds, then the next day it would be 5 seconds. And then finally it just didn't start.
Did you ever figure out your issue? sound exactly like mine...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts