DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every once in a while, but much more frequently now, im getting some wierd noise from the driver side of the engine. It's not really a distinctive clanking sound but sounds similar to the sound described by other people who've had a spun rod bearing. The main reason that I dont have a friggin clue what it could be is that the sound usually comes when i've been driving for around 10 minutes. It usually only happens in the morning when the engine is cold but it has also happened in the middle of the day in 100 degree weather. I can turn off the car and start it an hour or so later and not hear the same sound till the next day.
I guess the best way to describe the sound is that it's similar to a rod knock, but more muffled. I would be positive that it was a spun bearing, but the problem comes and goes, so i'm out of ideas. The engine should be in pretty good shape - I bought it from an old lady with 60k miles on it a couple of months ago and i haven't driven it hard since i got it, ive actually been goin pretty easy on it. Any ideas or advice would be appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts