DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was driving my eclipse this morning and it just lost power. It had just shut off. I pulled off to the side and it would not start. Just turn over. I am getting fuel, have spark, compression.... If I wait a little while and try to start it, it will start to start, stumble real quick and die. Sometimes, it will start to start if I pump the gas then hold it to the floor. But it will again stumble and die. I swapped out the ecu, checked plugs, timing, looked for shorts in wiring.... I am sweating my butt off in the sun and frustrated. Any help is GREATLY appreciate. Up until now, the search function has done wonders but I am stumped.

Hahns Turbo, Front Mount I/C, Greddy Exhaust, Greddy Boost Controller, Blitz Body Kit, No Cat, A/T to M/T Conversion......

·
Registered
112 Posts
A bad alternator could also be the culprit. Yank it off and take it to autozone they can check it for you. When your alternator goes bad you lose power to pretty much everything. Do all of your lights and radio still work?

·
Registered
448 Posts
90DSMTSI said:
when i read the "I was driving my eclipse this morning and it just lost power. It had just shut off." i thought he had grounded the battery to the hood.. tho i am not sure where the battery is on 2g's.
He meant, that after he read the first sentence of your post he thought you grounded your batter to the hood. But he doesn't know where batteries are located in 2g's so he then thought to himself maybe he doesn't know whats wrong. Completely useless post... but you know.. The lack of him following Rule #7 probably threw you off.

Got Insulin? said:
That's it! Your car tried to kill itself!
:rofl:

Have you checked everything that has to do with ignition? Plugs, wires, coil pack, power transistor, and I dunno about 7bolts to much, but the cas. Could be the FP like already mentioned. Make sure your getting good connection to your battery. I'll think of some more stuff after you check that.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Got Insulin? said:
That's it! Your car tried to kill itself!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
363 Posts
Be sure to check you CAS as well, hopefully ifs not shot as the timing belt has to come of to change the original (on 2Ga's). If it is you may want to do the conversion to a 1G CAS, I did it when mine went out and totally recommend it. You can find a tutorial on RRE's website. It controls the spark timing, and the injector timing is referenced from the signal as well. Its a major component so I would check into it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
93_GSX said:
Did I read something wrong? Or did I confuse something?
No, the way you corrected him made me laugh.

And if he did mean MAP.. then that makes no sense, because on 4g63 turbo cars they are MDP sensors. Plus, I've been running my car for a year without my MDP sensor plugged in a no problems.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.