DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I start, I want to let you all know that im not completely retarded....but judge if you will.

Yesterday I was on my way to pick up a boost guage from a shop that I've never been to before, and i was toatally lost, and had like 10 minutes till they closed. It was very, very foggy out, and I knew i wasn't goin the right way so i decided that i needed to turn around.
It was a three lane road (2 in my direction) and i was in the passing lane. So i sped up to get infront of the car next to me, and got into the far right lane, looking for the next right turn. Not 3 seconds after I got into the lane, the fog line dissapeared (meaning there's a right turn) and the pavement flowed to the right. I turned right at about 40 :D

all of a sudden im in the gravel (oh shit, here comes the ditch), but no, im not that lucky. Next came THUMP, THUMP, THUMP, THUMP (40mph thumps) with my car jumping in every direction.

Im goin down a fuckin railroad track.
I stopped as quickly as I could, but i couldn't back out because my muffler hit the wood part. So i had to gun it and attempt to drive over the 8 inch metal rail. Took about 5 tries, and 6k rpm and all wheels throwin gravel.

I got out, drove to the side of the road with my dp hangin on the ground.
My brand new 3" thermal was laying in on the tracks (it broke at the flex section...) My cat back is COMPLETELY ruined. Sooo twisted and dented its rediculous.

So basically what i need to do is look for all the damage i've done, and figure out what I'm gonna do with this car. I know the obvious, oil pan, differentials, ect... but does anybody have any suggestions for me? I just feel like a complete piece of shit, and i'm soo frusterated that i dont even know where to begin. ANYTHING could be messed up, and im afraid that my manifold/turbo/ect.. could be messed cuz that exhaust was SOOOO BENT.

I'll probably have pics up, i'll let you know.
In the future I would like to be able to chuckle about this, but on the walk to the gas station that river looked mightey welcoming.. thanks

-jeffro

·
Registered
24 Posts
ouch bro, probley a good idea not to back it out if your tip was digging in. Hopefully the flex peice took most of the stress and broke before it torqued on the turbo and ex manifold, How is it now, cant you drive home with the cat back ripped off. Id just leave it there. Its the RR tracks now.

How under the car look? Did you bottom out bad?

·
Registered
402 Posts
My guess is that your turbo is okay because it is cast iron. Your downpipe took the blow because it was the weaker out of the two metals. What you will want to check for is your motor mounts, oil pan and transmission. If you scraped up the bottom of the car like on the rockers, make sure to undercoat so it does not rust. Also check your fuel tank.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya, i got it towed, 180bux... walked right to a gas station with a flatbed!
i had to move it off the tracks because trains run through there, and i went down too far for the tow truck to pull me off.

Im not looking at my car till i feel alright about it, right now im just too scared...
when i walked by it i saw a puddle of oil from under the engine, so im gonna need a new pan....maybe i saw some drips from the transfer case... i dunno.. i just hope that it drives straight....

I got to see my exhaust in the daylight, and all i can say is goddamn....I actually ripped a hole through the steel! not one section is the least bit useable, and im sure i smoked the clutch gettin off the track.
WISH ME LUCK!!!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll take some pics when it gets a little lighter outside

enough to make the exhaust enthusiest cringe

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,681 Posts
I want to see all of it,
exhaust, underneath the car, difs, pans, gas tank.
Get snapping and get them up.
Enthusiast eyes will scry for damage.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Dude that really sucks, but I hope that some time down the road you'll look back this and laugh at yourself lol...I know I would.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, i got some pics. Not many of the underside, it actually seems to be fine, the oil was leaking out of my downpipe, wtf does this mean? When I drained the coolant to get the radiator out (easy access) I noticed an incredible amount of oil in it. I shoulda known cuz there's been oil under my cap and on my spout for a while.....goddamnit.

mind you this car was MINT 10/10, nothing wrong (but the oil in coolant thing) before this happened.....it was sooo gorgeous....still kinda is though

oh, and oil in the coolant means what, bad head gasket? Maybe i'll get a new engine. THIS IS MY COMMUTER CAR!!!! I HAVE NO TRANSPORTATION IM FUCKED!!

enjoy!
www.putfile.com/jeffrojames

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
.......still plotting my revenge

·
Registered
155 Posts
At least one of your rims has to be bent... :confused:

That is some crazy shit though. At least you wont ever do that again... I hope.

·
Registered
283 Posts
F#@k man, that sucks... your car looks really nice too. I've always liked those 1GB Talons.

Probably won't be that hard to fix it. I seriously doubt you cracked your differential or transfer case or tranny. Be thorough though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts