DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a new motor, there are tons of sites but none that i trust, any experience let me know...i need to also grab a tranny while im at it....but if some one knows a good site or company please help!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Why not find a block and build it yourself? Most of the time Jay Dee Emm motors just come out of a junk yard, and are just that....junk. Oooo but you get the supercharged cyclone intake manifold on the JDM motor :rolleyes:

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,386 Posts
theres nothing special about the jdm engines accept the slight chance of getting a small 16g and 510cc injectors and a pos butterfly valve controlled intake manny but i'd rather just find a block from a junkyard/donour car for less money and build the hell out of it. from experience it works out much better ;)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
hks-gst said:
I hate to be the one to brake it to you guys but the evo 3 motor is a 7 bolt motor.
Well, I had a 7 bolt in my old 94 (stock, just like every other 93-94). Does that mean the engine was a figment of my imagination?

What you should be saying is:
RRE said:
EVO Motors:...They have the smaller 2G style intake ports, a small runner intake manifold with a larger plenum and a larger throttle body than a 2G motor. ... They will not bolt into a 1G because there are no provisions for the front roll stopper motor mounts that bolt to the block. Everything in Japan from 94 and up has the front and rear roll stopper motor mounts on the transmission 2G Eclipse style ... If it bolts into a 1G, it isn't an EVO motor.

·
Registered
282 Posts
In your profile it says that you have a 90 that means that car came w/ a 6 bolt. in 93-94 those were the 1st gen 7 bolts. if it is true that you have a 90 dsm there is no way that you have a evo motor in it. thats what im saying.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Ohh its posible, does it make sense...no but possible yes!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
hks-gst said:
In your profile it says that you have a 90 that means that car came w/ a 6 bolt. in 93-94 those were the 1st gen 7 bolts.
thegreatms said:
I had a 7 bolt in my old 94
read

The point is that he cannot have a bolt-in evo engine in a 1g because it has a 2gen style motor mount NOT because it is a 7bolt like you said. 7 bolt is irrelevant as they came with both motor mount styles.

·
Registered
220 Posts
back to the subject at hand. www.jhotimports.com

one of my roommates works there. i just bought a vg30dett from them. i have another friend that bought an rb20det, another friend that bought a sr20det, and the list goes on and on. the engines are not junk. most have a start up warranty. i have not seen a single one have any problems whatsoever. point in hand, if you are looking for a good resource for jdm motors, i recommend them. they get shipments in about once a month. i just asked her if they have a 4g63 there, they do. out of a vr-4. hit em up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts