DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesterday I installed my jeep throttle body and I got a friend to work out the final problems.

This thing is great!!!!!!!! It increased power throughout the hole power band, but it tapers off around 6800-73000 because I have the factory exhaust up there. With headers and exhaust my car would fly.

A friend of mine with the Jeep TB, exhaust, intake, pulleys and other small things ran a 15.46 in the 1/4 mile.

The best thing about the Jeep TB is that it sounds like a turbo when installed on a NT eclipse. At certain throttle and rmps it whistle very very loud aka fake spool up, lol.

If anybody wants one I know a guy that does all the work to the TB to get it working right. He also port matches the manifold so it wont restrict flow. The Jeep TB is 60mm wide, it is much bigger than the stock TB. The rubber round gasket/hose that goes from the intake to the OEM TB wouldn't fit the TB is that much bigger. I put the gasket/hose in the microwave and got it hot, then installed it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeep TB on a Neon

Now I wouldn't follow those directions, they are a little scary and not safe. The idle holes on the 2gnt Tb and the Jeep TB are totally different designs. So the hole in our manifold has to be closed. Now sticking something in the hole is kinda dangerous considering it can be sucked into the engine. My manifold was ported, more like shaved 2mm off the lip to match the bigger Jeep TB and the hole was tapped and filled in with a bolt of some type, then it was sanded down to a smooth finish because the TB must go right up next to it snugly.

check out nc.dsm.org . They have a good write up on that site under the NT section.

I just got back from making that fake spool up sound. lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am having idling problems. And my CEL is on. I think I just thave the plate slid to far to the left and that is why I am idling so high. I will fix it tomorrow. But midrange power is so nice. The car accelerates stronger.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The inner most coil on the TB spring keeps getting stuck in the small gaps (between the round rubber thing and the TB) making my car idle at 4k rmp!!

Does anybody know what I can do to make this stop?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

The spring in the top right hand corner of the pic. Notice how the spring is bounded on the left and right by metal. Well mine is like that too except one side is the TB and the other is metal. Now the spring is wrapped around a rubber cylinder. My rubber peice is worn unevenly on the side closes to the TB, creating gaps which the spring get caught in.

This is just a small but very annoying problem.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I doubt there are any cheap swaps like this for the 1g n/t... cause the n/t tb is usually what people use as an upgrade for turbo cars (what i mean is...if there was an upgrade for the n/t... they would use that on the turbo cars instead)

I wonder if maybe there's a bigger throttle plate that will bolt to the 1g tb shaft so it can be bored "at home"...

·
Registered
5 Posts
if you guys are looking for a 55 or 60mm tb then go to www.modernperformance.com & as long as you have the 420a motor look in the neon section of there sight & the neon tb's will fit are 420a motors...

joe r

·
Registered
28 Posts
i thought the neon tb won't fit the talon/eclipse 420a because they are flip flopped...is your intake mani in the front? I'm not positive, but pretty sure that this will not work...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts