DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came back from a party with my friend. I was there for just a little time...

At the party was also a Jetta owner, we both left at the same time... in his car there was three chicks and two guys. From what I could see he had his exaust done and I don't know the rest... All I can remember is that one of the chicks made fun of my car coz it was A/T, that's probably why he thought he could take me, even with a pretty full car.

Anyway, he kept going to the redline before going to the interstate, I didn't bother racing him until we got on the highway. He was ahead of me and started kicking in on that highway entrance lane, I stepped on it and passed him by the time we reached the highway. I went to the car pool lane and slowed down, he put on my tail again... he tried to pass me by the lane on the right, I stepped on it and didn't let him pass. He didn't give up!

I think they tried to pass me about 5 times, I was faster in all of them, he was going pretty fast and I didn't want to go that fast so I always stepped on it to make sure he wouldn't pass me and then slowed down back to 80mph or something. He really wanted to go fast though and I decided to just step on it to show him what I got so he wouldn't bother trying again. I went from about 80mph to 130mph, that's the fastest I ever been in my life i think (!) he kept trying to keep up with me but I think I put a bout 10 cars of distance from him by the time I was 130.

Surprisingly, he didn't quit!! He got on one of the other lanes and passed me, this time I didn't bother going after him coz my exit was right there... so I left.

I'm pretty surprised by the performance of this Jetta! I thought i'd murder him so bad he would be ashmed and even though I did beat him he was not as slow as I thought... Maybe it's that missing bolt on the o2 housing, there's lots of smoke coming from the downpipe area when I idle after a run... I need to get my car to an exaust shop :\
Either that or more boost (11psi is too mediocre !)

Does anyone know the specs on those Jettas ? I thought they were like civics... but I think this fool might been around 200hp. Hell I know my car can pull at least 250 with that T28 even at 11psi

·
Registered
32 Posts
those VR's have a lot of high end power ( i drive one) I'm guessing he would have put up a better fight w/o the fat chicks in the car. He sounds like a dumbass anyways.

what mods do you have?

specs on the GLX stock are 175hp/175tq. its hard to get them over 200hp w/o FI. With a chip top speed is between 145-150. stock they pull high 14's, low 15's

I would never race anyone with 5 people in the car.

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh those are VR6's ? Does that mean it's 6cyl ? I know that most Jettas (at least the old ones) are 4cyl and like shitty 120hp... I was pretty impressed by this one. The new ones are cool, they have the 1.8Turbo which is the same engine on the audi/gti's :)

I have an AGP T28 turbocharger (which supposedly supports to 360hp), all intercooler piping by Dejontool.com, a 1g Blow Off Valve, 255 walbro high pressure fuel pump, Big air filter, 3" exaust (leaking), I have also a TurboXS boost controller but I removed it because I don't want to increase my boost until I fix this exaust leak problem. I should be able to run high 13's/low 14's at around 16psi on this turbo.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ricardo said:
Oh those are VR6's ? Does that mean it's 6cyl ? I know that most Jettas (at least the old ones) are 4cyl and like shitty 120hp... I was pretty impressed by this one. The new ones are cool, they have the 1.8Turbo which is the same engine on the audi/gti's :)
yes, 2.8l 12v V6, the cylenderbanks are only at 15ºto eachother, it's a nice compact motor.

yeah the 2.0ls were rated at a sad 115 hp.

audi had the 1.8t in the A4 in 1997, and the gti/golf 4-door (though no longer made with the 1.8t)/jetta got it in umm...2000? or 2001.
But the new ones also come with a VR6, a new 24v model pushing 200hp. That engine is butter.

(oh, i'm a huge vw/audi head.. vr666 might know me on the vortex as audiphile, whats up?)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yea I remember the name audiphile floating around over there. my SN is 28.

do you drive a VW?

·
Registered
91 Posts
i used to have a 5000 turbo, now my dad has it. my mom has a 2000 jetta. my girl has a mkIII... i have a 93 tsi. but for now i'm driving the jetta because the talon is still getting work done

1 - 6 of 6 Posts