DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In detail what all do they include with its price? If I wanted to use Manley rods instead of eagles can I? Does or can it come with OEM front case and timing components. can it include a mitsu gasket kit? Im in the market for a New built shortblock and im just trying to compare and get as much info on prices and rates as possible. Or should I just call?

Thanks;
Nick

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Yeah man, Best bet would be to get Chris and Erik together on a 3 way type of call. discuss your goals expectations and pick there brains on what combos they have seen the most success with.

Meaning longevity, etc. Discuss your plans. Is it a DD ? A insane STREET TERROR ! Track Whore ! Or some sort of combo in between. Fuel system set-up and tuning management will all play a part of what hard part you choose for your build.

You gonna use a 6 bolt ? stick with a 7 bolt? how about Head work ? Cams? What size ? Changing your intake manifold ? Any idea of what kind of turbo your looking to use ?

All changes need to complimate one another to work well and make for a great combo.

research is key my man.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I am pretty sure JnZ will use OEM gaskets considering that is one of the big things they do... sell Mitsu parts at insane wholesale prices to us DSMers.
I am sure you can run whatever kind of rod you want.
Just wondering, why do you want to run the Manleys over the Eagles?
Do you already have the rods?
Are you looking at Manleys H Beam rods or the turbo tuff rods (about twice as much money).
If you are looking at there H beams, I would say it is a toss up between the two brands, whatever is cheaper/easier.
I run eagles in my 2.0 and they are hanging out at 9000 rpms and 600+whp.
Even with a mis shift and 13+K rpms, I took them out and sent them to the machine shop... they were perfect.
Eagles are not the best out there but there limits are well above 600whp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.