DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put down a deposit on a 93 Talon TSI AWD about an hour ago... I have never driven a DSM before I went to check this one out, but when I heard the turbo spool I was hooked :) I'm making the dealer change the timing and balance shaft belts before I pick the car up on Friday. There is also a recall on transfer cases leaking oil that wasnt done on the car yet. Are there any other recalls or service bulletins on the car that I should know about? Are there any other maintenance issues that i need to take care of before I start modifying the car? Thanks.

------------------
93 Talon TSI AWD
Stock

·
Registered
350 Posts
Full tune up(plugs(ngk), Wires(Magnecore) fuel filter, K&N drop in, replace all fluids(tranny,T-case,Rear, Coolant...), and a compression test. There is no point in additional power if it is all gonna come out teh piston rings.

------------------

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Congrats, on the buy! All of the above... and do all your fluids in synthetics. I know, ouch$, but it's worthwhile. Get yourself a manual on the car. Ask lots of questions here.
Good luck!
Learn, Live, Love, and Bleed DSM!

------------------
Rocky Mountain
'91 Talon Tsi AWD

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good luck on your new purchase. I am sure once you start driving it nad modifiying it. You will be hooked. I am.
MARK

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thakns everyone :) As far as mods are considered I was planning on getting a K&N, 3 inch stainless exhaust, and a manual boost controller. Would this be a good start?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sounds like a good plan, for an extra $100 get a Walbro 255lph fuel pump (higher flow, supports more boost). Think about porting your O2 housing, if you get a full 3" exhaust (turbo and back) you'll get boost creep, boost pressure never stops rising, then boom. (you'll be walking home) If you start raising boost pressure get an aftermarket gauge and don't go above 15~16psi with the stock fuel system. With the walbro pump don't go beyond 18psi (without an EGT) or so. The stock turbo starts to loose steam around 20psi. Another good bang for your buck is an Upper Intercooler Pipe Upgrade (Like Buschur's). Check out www.dsm.org for more info and free horsepower tips, like that silencer in your air can!

Hope this helps,
Zach
'92 Laser RS Turbo AWD
"RSX"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts