DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I am still running lean (According to my a/f guage) but the car runs great! Its never pulled so hard in 1st and 2nd, I am extremely happy. But I would like to know, at idle i am running so lean its barly on the meter, I would like to richen this up a big just for personal satisfation. But what should it run at? I dont have my settings on hand. Here are my mods,

Injen intake
Mas honey comb removed/screw backed all the way out
MBC running at 15psi
Apex-i N1 CB
RRE uicp w/greddy Type-s
T-25 turbo
all free mods
Apex-i N1 DP (not installed now but will be on monday)
Auto meter boost and A/F ratio
Apexi s-afc

Also, I will be getting a pocket logger, or some kind of logger soon. But I will be getting a T-28 in the future, would it be safe to say that s-afc setting for a 16g would be close to a Big t-28?

If this has been discussed before, I am sorry I did a couple of seaches but came up with nothing.

·
Registered
850 Posts
From what I understand, you need at least a logger of some sort and an EGT gauge for any decent tuning. The A/F gauge is not accurate enough to set your fuel curve by.

·
Registered
609 Posts
yes the car should feel great when it's lean. but don't run it like that, unless you don't like your pistons.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not really running lean, I used a volt meter instead of that damn a/f meter and I am running right where I want to be, I think I was running way lean with out the afc and was getting hella knock. I played around with it for about an hour and came up to the conclusion that its the worst $50 I have ever spent on my car! Oh well it looks mad tizight YO!:p :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
4g63spoolin said:
... its the worst $50 I have ever spent on my car!
For the S-AFC? If that is the case, I will give you $100 for it! :D Seriously though, if you only paid $50 for an AFC, you got a steal! Even if it is the old style.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I thought he was talking about his A/F gauge, but yeah, rereading it, it does sound like he's talking about the AFC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts