DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have them, and have installed them how did you go about setting your adjustment height???? I am installing these now and honestly am confused. Any help would be excellent thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
I helped a buddy install some on a civic and we just measured the amount of threads with a ruler and went from there. There might be a better way to do it. We set them equal then went back and made adjustments. It could turn into a tedious process but def worth it.

swade

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
swade said:
I helped a buddy install some on a civic and we just measured the amount of threads with a ruler and went from there. There might be a better way to do it. We set them equal then went back and made adjustments. It could turn into a tedious process but def worth it.

swade
Thats how I did it with my megans..

·
Registered
146 Posts
^^^^ That's about the only way to do it. I just put mine on last week finally. I have the fronts set to 6 and the backs to 8. No more squatting out of a dig for me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
When I do it, I usually add about a 1/4 inch on the drivers side. Just to help out when I'm the only one in the car. But the count/measure threads seems to be the easiest way. Then check all your tire pressures, put the car on level ground, measure from wheel well down to the ground, and adjust accordingly for different corner weights.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yeah, I also add 1/4 inch on the front driver's side. To set the heights I just count threads and mark it with a sharpie, then go around and double-check before finally setting them.

·
Banned
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Buddhalux said:
^^^^ That's about the only way to do it. I just put mine on last week finally. I have the fronts set to 6 and the backs to 8. No more squatting out of a dig for me.
8 inches or 8 threads?

·
Registered
628 Posts
After I installed coilovers on my last car, I would double check by parking the car on level ground, and checking the height of each fender just above the tire. seemed to be a good way to double check everything.

I was also told something better to do was have a friend check the measurments with you in the car, (Only the driver) and It would load and
set the Susp to if you were in the car. From what I understand it's better
for everything as if its just you in the car its all even all around.
IDK, Perhaps I'm wrong. But IMO it does make sense.

·
Registered
85 Posts
To do it rights you are supposed to count the threads, and match them. After that (on level ground) you measure the ride hight (the proper way is to go from the frame to the ground) then ajust accordingly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts