DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best or only tranny fluid to use w/ this diff i heard any gl-5 would work like 75-90 i was told don not use bg for some reasons anybody know?

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
BG should work fine.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
I'm sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
From the VFAQ page HERE
For AWD cars, GL-4 or GL-5 synthetic will work for the transfer case and rear end. Redline or any of the synthetic gear oils will work fine here. 75W90 seems to be recommended

shit i used GL-5 on my FWD tranny and i have noticed a slight roar to it lately. i have only driven it about 1,000 miles since the tranny swap. think i furked anything up?

sorry for hijacking the thread man.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Standard dino automotive gear oil works fine in the transfer case or rear end too. I know of no requirement for synthetic.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NO NO
LISTEN
I HAVE A KAZZ DIFF in the tranny
i can not use GL-4 w/ it if i use the wrong fluid i will need to replace parts in the diff real soon
DOES any body have a Kazz diff in there car and if you do what fluid did it say to USE

i know what would work in a regular condition i have been building these things for years i just need to know about the special clutchs in the kazz diff for a customers car

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Forgive my ignorance but what is a Kazz diff?

I know the GM clutch disc type differentials required that you use the GM special additive or use gear oil that already had it included. The truth of the matter was that if you didn't use both the differential would sometimes lock. Ever found you couldn't turn? It is kinda scary.

The people that make this thing should at least have some idea as to what works best. Give them a call.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts