DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Keep what I have on car? I know everyone hates chrome but I kinda liked these even though I am not a big chrome fan but kinda want to get away from it. I have been looking for other wheels, I really like the Tsw Thruxtons they are hyper black five spokes. I do not know how to post pics sorry I am a newb.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I know my eyes are bad but I don't see a pic..

Edit: I looked in your gallery.. Get rid of those rims asap!!!

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
Not feeling those headlights on the car either.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya stock paint my brother was the first owner of it he took good care of it and garaged it . I want to put my stock headlights back in but want the yellow out not sure how to do that

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Get rid of those chrome rims and get oem headlights :D I took the yellow out of my headlights by rubbing mother's aluminum polish on the SOB and wiping it off.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I like the rims, to me rims are rims some are chrome some are black, I bet if the were black "race" rims alot more ppl would like them, to me rims are like body kits they do nothing for performance only looks so go with what you like not what every one else likes, headlights dont bother me no where near as much as talon wings so thes things make those cars look like space shuttles.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
hellonwheels said:
to me rims are like body kits they do nothing for performance only looks
I know you phrased that in opinion form, but I want you to know your wrong. You compare a set of nice lightweight rims to steelies, and see what happens. My buddie had 15'' rallies on his 71 Chevelle and went to 17" polished aluminum ones. The aluminums were almost 1/2 the weight of the steelies PER rim. Thats quite a bit of rotating mass. Now tell me that does nothing for performance....

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
Isnt it something like every 35lbs of rotational mass removed = 100 lbs of dead weight in savings as an approx?

Rotational weight savings rock, there is a reason why we remove the balance shafts and gain HP.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
^^something like that, but either way, its a huge performance and handling gain. Not just going fast from a stop, but also cornering and stopping.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
hellonwheels said:
I bet if the were black "race" rims alot more ppl would like them
And, yes, most people on this board WOULD like "race" rims, esp if your definition of "race" rims is lightweight composite/alloy rims. There is a reason for us liking these so called 'race' rims. They help our cars perform better. Most people on this forum don't buy things because we watched the FAST AND FURIOUS series to much, we buy parts because they DO something for the car, they don't just look pretty.:tat:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am putting the oem headlights back on. Dont you have to take them apart to get the yellow out and will they leak or fog up after? The yellow is not too bad but I would rather not have it. My oem wheels are going on til I get some others.

·
Registered
361 Posts
dantsipsi said:
I am putting the oem headlights back on. Dont you have to take them apart to get the yellow out and will they leak or fog up after? The yellow is not too bad but I would rather not have it. My oem wheels are going on til I get some others.
The yellow will be easier to rub off of them before you install them in the car. Just start going at them with aluminum or plastic polish and you'll see what we mean. Your car will definitely look better with oem headlights.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts