DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this kid i used to work w/ has been wanting to race me in his monte carlo, me in the gvr-4 :D he claims to waste stock eclipses and talons from a stop, um ok?, somewhere along the course of his life he was misinformed that awd makes the car slow and heavy (duh?) he says the 20 more hp and ft/lb he has means that he will win cause he has more hp and torque.

i went to a movie w/ some friends and he ends up at the same movie. after the movie gets out we decide to race on a deserted road (it's 12:30 at night)

we line up..... he honks three times, meanwhile i'm at 5K waiting to launch, the third honks blasts and i immediately put 3 cars on him, i shift to second and put another car, shift to third and another car, we raced from a stop to 70 and i probably put 5 cars on him. we stop and he's like "i shifted too early" (shifting an automatic mind you) i say "ok lets go again"

this time i honk three times, i again launch at 5K and put another 3 cars on him, pretty much a repeat of the first race. This time i say "what's your excuse now" he replies "let's race on dry pavement" i respond "dry pavement, it's not gonna matter" so we'll see if we race again, i'll show him what a real 0-60 ft time looks like. ( ps the road was damp from it raining today, nothing real bad just a little damp)

it's great when someone talks sh!t about their car only to get wasted by a four door "family car" bwhahahahaha
sorry about the long post but i was thrilled

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hehe its better killing people when their trash talkers. I raced a Monty SS one time with my MR2 the guy looked like he was 16 and was revving on me at a light, we were waiting to pull onto the freeway. I let him stay by my side half way up the onramp so he would think he was fast then when we got on I let him get even then I floored it, hahaha lets just say "raped" isnt even the word to describe it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Good kill. :) What year Monte Carlo was it? Cause anything after 88 I wouldent consider a real Monte. :cool: I caint wait to get the motor swaped out in my 87 SS. ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lowridin2g said:
beautiful kill man. like to hear that. i bet u the look on his face was something like this:eek: when u beat his sorry ass huh?
i wish i could have seen the look on his face....he was too far back for me to tell :D

i'm pretty sure it was a '96 monte carlo

·
Registered
45 Posts
ohh it was a 96.well that explains it.was it even a Z34?cause if it wasnt then you sure showed him whos boss in his 3.1 v6.and if it was a Z34,then it was a 205hp 3.4.still no slouch,but not really anything to really worry about unless youre in an RS or GS.then it would be a good race.but you were in a VR4,so it really wasnt even a race.just some DUMBASS kid getting stomped on in hopes he will shut the fuck up next time:rolleyes: .ahh i love venting!:) :p

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TSiAWD91 said:
ohh it was a 96.well that explains it.was it even a Z34?cause if it wasnt then you sure showed him whos boss in his 3.1 v6.and if it was a Z34,then it was a 205hp 3.4.still no slouch,but not really anything to really worry about unless youre in an RS or GS.then it would be a good race.but you were in a VR4,so it really wasnt even a race.just some DUMBASS kid getting stomped on in hopes he will shut the fuck up next time:rolleyes: .ahh i love venting!:) :p
ya it was a z34, he says he has like 220, either way i shut him up quickly :D

·
Registered
328 Posts
96? hell that aint a real Monte Carlo.;) :D Its Lumina clone. Still a good kill. Watch out for the real ones though (88-down) as long as they dont have the bone stock 305 paperweight in there they can be suprising. ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
not to start any flames here, but my 01 grand prix (3.8 205hp 240 ft/lb torq stock) would smoke any stock RS/GS/ESi/blah blah out there that I raced (manual or automatic). I actually raced one a few nights ago.. it was rather funny. At the light next to a 2g ESi I didn't really feel like hearing the engine rev up without the intake I took off only hours before (that was a sad, sad day), well I hear him gettin ready to launch at a few grand and figure what the hell. So I do an easy start without even spinnin the tires and pass him by the time we reach the other side of the street. I didn't want to get a ticket, so I held off.. well he goes flyin by me and I said screw it and floor it again. Within about 4 seconds I'm by the kid again and back off. What does he do? Go flyin by me again. hehehehe. Dont get me wrong, I love DSM's that is gonna be my next car for sure. I even messed with the wrong GSX one night at a light. Got my ass handed to me on a silver platter. I learned from that mistake. :) Adios

-j

oh, and speaking of funny. commin home last night an eclipse passed me on the freeway.. it had the exact same paint color and spoiler as the supra from f&f with some gay ass body kit on it. hahahahahaha. I love imports and body kits, but I still get a good laugh out of some of the combat ones. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
cOiL said:
not to start any flames here, but my 01 grand prix (3.8 205hp 240 ft/lb torq stock) would smoke any stock RS/GS/ESi/blah blah out there that I raced (manual or automatic).
My brother has a 95 Grand AM GT (auto) and it will fly for a 3.6. I raced him one time on the interstate from about 60-115hp and I didn't start pulling til about 100. We stayed dead even. BTW, I used to drive a Monte Carlo. It was an '83 V6 and it would fly :p Just make sure you don't hit the gas too hard or it will flood and die on you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was privelaged to ride along in the "Quail" and laugh as we panty wasted that kid all up and down the street. Some people just dont know when to keep their mouth shut. Stupid kids and their domestics thinking that horsepower can beat a turbo? come on. think logically. Good kill mike!

·
Registered
340 Posts
the N/A 3800 GM engine is only 200hp/225lbs of torque. not sure where you got those numbers from.

as for the 95 grand am, it's a 3.1L and they are slow. like 160hp/175lb- my dad drives one, I can walk that car like a damn puppy

·
Registered
9 Posts
TheCrush said:
the N/A 3800 GM engine is only 200hp/225lbs of torque. not sure where you got those numbers from.

as for the 95 grand am, it's a 3.1L and they are slow. like 160hp/175lb- my dad drives one, I can walk that car like a damn puppy

yeah yur right. my bad. i think i was buzzin and used some ricer formula to inflate my numbers because of my intake or something. :beer:

ahh, thursday night. PARTY TIME!!!
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:=:puke:

-j

1 - 14 of 14 Posts