DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of all the things I've researched I have yet to find the answer to this. It might be a dumb question but hey I'm :confused: right now. Alright so I take it the N/T 4g63 did not come with a knock sensor. But is this a place on the back of the N/T block where it screws in? Is it the same as the turbo block as far as the N/T just has a plug there or something. Yeah I know the turbo block has oil squirters... thats not the information I'm looking for. The reason I ask is because I'm using a N/T block and adding the Turbo Pistons for the Turbo conversion. I don't need a debate on the oil squirters, some prefer and some don't and some have their conclusions why or why not but I'm not using them. Just need to know about the knock sensor. Thanks!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Some (but not all, and I'm yet to determine what models came w/ it and which didn't) came with the provision for a knock sensor you'd just need to put it in the block the same place a turbo block was, but others did not have it. We now have the ability to machine the squirters in to the non-turbo blocks, but only when they already have the knock sensor provision cast into the block.

Hope this helps!
Curt

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 6 bolt block in my N/T. I wonder if I have it for a knock sensor. Information did help now I just have to look for it below my intake manifold.

·
Registered
266 Posts
wow NO NON TURBO block 6 bolt or 7 bolt came with a knock sensor, if you want one you have two options, switch the wiring harness or pin #9 on the ECU is the power for knock sensor but of course you need a turbo ECU also

·
Registered
909 Posts
i have a 93 Nt is has a place their for the knock sensor. but if you get a turbo ECU then u will more than likely have to turbo your car b/c they run like $hit other wise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts