DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 N/T Talon that I converted to tubro. So far everything is golden. I need to hook up a knock sensor since the N/T doesn't have one.

Now, I have two extra plugs on the back side of the engine bay that didn't have anything hooked up to them when I took the engine out. Is one of those plugs for the knock sensor or do I need to wire it straight to the ECU?

I know that the turbo and non-turbo wire harnesses are slightly different, but I haven't been able to find any info on this and i'm wondering what that plug goes to.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Getting ready to get everything back together Wednesday. Anyone have any info on this? I keep searching, but I can't seem to find anything useful.

·
Registered
562 Posts
To use a knock sensor in an N/T, you have to change to a turbo ECU and tap the block for it. The hole is there but not tapped. I also believe that you'll need to run a new cable from knock sensor to ECU, but not sure on this one.

BTW, not sure if you've already swapped the ECU but you DON'T want an N/T ECU on a turbo engine.

·
Registered
553 Posts
There are three plugs behind the manifold that are similar in style and shape. They are listed as the AC compressor plug, Knock, and EGR. If your federal, then you won't have that hooked up (White plug), AC compressor plug is black and the Knock I believe is Grey. I don't know the difference on the Turbo and NA harnesses, but I don't think there is any differences between federal and cali turbo harness. Please feel free to add or correct me on this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts