DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
knock sum issues.
alright, this keeps messing with me learning curve of things, or should i say. how they should work

lets go back wards from 5th gear at 15.5-16 psi

92 octane

base timing at 7 {reads 9 at 1000 rpms}

stand on it, 15 psi. knock knock all the way up to 5k or so rpms

4th gear, 3k rpms 15 psi.
no knock all the way to 6k

3rd gear {here is were it gets funky}
15 psi, starting at 3k rpms
stand on it, no knock UNTILL 5500 rpms, then it jumps to 7-9 counts

second gear 15 psi
3k rpms 15 psi
lay it out, knock is 0-1 till 5500 rpms. then jumps to 10 then back down to 5, then back up to 7.

now, knowing the car is more then likely running lean up top is what im gathering from the datlog runs. but why wouldn't it knock at 120 mph where there is a lot more of a load on the motor. longer times at those rpms then second or third gear???

timing advance is 17 degrees at WOT.

i have also noticed if i ease into it i don't get any knock. but if i drop a gear and get on it hard and fast the knock sky rockets.

ecu not catching up fast enough to cope with this sudden change?
or is it another lean factor.

if you need a mods list i can post it.

duty cycle is around 54 %
o2 voltage is somewhere around 70-75
92 octane
42 degrees outside

this was also posted on another web site. just getting a variance in opinions to see if they match, or come close.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so i have stumped everyone, or you don't feel the need to show the greatness with an answer or a shread of hope, ray of light, something here!!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
If your O2 voltage is .70 to .75, you're obviously out of fuel. Turn your boost down or get a bigger / new pump. If that doesn't sound right for your mods (since I don't know what they are), you might consider replacing your O2 sensor, or looking at your MAS.

This isn't very advanced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts