DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Koni yellow and H&R sport springs 1.7 drop in the front and 1.4 in the rear. I also have RM swaybars. My question is, my car still feels like it has to much roll around corners for how stiff it is. I can only take this sharp turn near my house 5mph faster that my buddies POS 6cyl. camaro. I should be able to crush his car around turns. But I feel like around turns all the weight is distributed to the front tires instead of evenly. Could this be caused by the front being lower than the back? Should I be looking at other causes? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Yeah, good point. Rims and tires will definately make your car handle differently. You can have the best, tightes suspension in the world, but if your tires don't grip, it makes no difference.....

·
Premium Member
9,818 Posts
spyder79 said:
They are the adjustible type and I adjusted them stiffer with little results. I have 18" rims with sumitomo street tires (the V shape type).
Those should do fine. What occurs to me is if it shifts weird and feels squirly around corners is the alignment. Did you ever have it properly aligned and/or camber kit installed so you can get it into proper spec?

·
Registered
85 Posts
It could have to do with your spring rates, also lowering the front more than the rear put even more weight on the front tires which is bad in a dsm since the car is already front heavy as it is. Also you should get some new bushing(no, not poly, measure it out and get some nice nylon bushings) Also, the main key to awd handing is more in the diffs than the suspension if you want your car to really hand it might be time for an upgrade. And not to sound like an ass but your driving style could be part of the problem. :dunno:

·
Site Administrator
7,762 Posts
Spring rates are important in that case. You'd also be surprised how much body roll one of these cars has.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.