DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i'm correct then the Lancer and Eclipe have the same engine except that the Lancer will embarrass you if you are stock. But if they have the same engine then are any parts of those interchangeable? Maybe you could use some parts of the Lancer on your Eclipse for mods. Does anyone know if this is possible?

·
Registered
26 Posts
They are the same engine. The Lancer's come factory with a 16g, 510cc injectors, big intercooler piping, large front mount intercooler, and some other little nice items. The EVO I makes 250hp stock, The Evo II makes 270(the only differance is the ECU) and the Evo III makes 280hp(again just ECU tuning). The Evo VI, V, and VI have a 4th generation 4G63 that you guys in the states will never see. Yes I said 4th, because the 1st gen 4G63 was not the 1st gen 4G63 that you guys in the states have. The 1st gen 4G63 came in the early Starion's over here. They had a 1997cc engine that was SOHC and made 145hp(non-intercooled) and 175 intercooled. It looks exactly like the 2.6 that the Starion's in the states has, but its only a 2.0 and was labeled 4G63.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Jason, you are the luckiest bitch in the world! :D

How much does a Evo6 cost over there? Fully loaded. Also, I heard that Skylines over there are practically a dime a dozen. Man oh man... hey, bring me an Evo if you ever come over to the states. ;)

Jack
98GST

·
Registered
67 Posts
I thought EvoII makes 260ps and the Evo3 makes 270ps. I think the tranny gearings are different between Evos too. I think Evo1 has much different gearings from Evo2 and 3.

Isn't the Evo4 engine the same as Evo6?

·
Registered
88 Posts
WIRA, I believe that the Evos IV - VI are the same motors, the VI has the cool new titanium turbo, though

------------------
- Trent

·
Registered
5 Posts
overhere in the netherlands i worke sometimes on an evo VI last year we had an evo V we are racing it in in the dutch rally championship last friday we had a rally unfortiunatly we didn`t finish because the turbo gave up and didn`t had the time to replace it so end of championship I don`t know the excact differenses between an V and a VI because i only do the brakes and suspension on a rally both have 280 bhp stock even the new evo VII will have the same bhp with the GDI engine as soon as its available we will buy it and make it ready for the dutch rally. last performance this year will be the RAC rally in england as a non factory driver theres no chance of even be in the top ten but it`s a hell of an experience

·
Registered
26 Posts
Lancer Evo VI's are still selling for around 28 to 30 grand....used. You can get an EVO III for about 15 to 20, depends on condition. Yes, GT-R's are a dime a dozen over here. You can pick up a used R-32 for about 10 to 20 grand. The only differance in tranny's on the EVO's in between the RS and Monte Carlo version's. They both have close ratio 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gears. The regular EVO's, and the regular VR-4's have the same tranny that you guys get. My VR-4 is a Monte Carlo version and the tranny is so so so nice. Did I mention how nice my tranny was over the regular one?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts