DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my '92 Talon Tsi about a month ago and after i got off the highway my turbo stopped working. One minute it was fine and the next my boost guage wouldn't show anything higher than 0 psi!!! later that day it came back and seemed to be working fine, but now it's out again. does this sound familiar to anyone? Is my turbo bad or is it something that tells the turbo not to spool? What's wrong?!?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i fixed it

so i found out what was wrong. my turbo fucking locked up. i guess there are three things that could have caused my problem. if any of you have this problem check to see if the waste gate is stuck open. if you don't have a boost controller check the stock one. if that's ok, remove the intake and try to spin the turbine in the turbo.

The reason this happens is dumbass drivers dont cool down the car after racing it. if you are hard on your car and are too lazy to let it idle get a turbo timer, it's worth it. i guess the previous owner of my car was a dumbass.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That's why one of the first things i did to my 1g AWD was change the turbo out. And, since i was replacing it, i might as well upgrade it so i went with the typical big 16g ;)

·
Site Administrator
7,762 Posts
According to what i've read, unless you're hotlapping your car and then immediatly shutting it down you will have this problem...under normal driving conditions or even some short stints on the throttle you're not justifying a turbo timer....most people don't go full throttle into their driveway from a 5 mile stint and shut their car off, least i TRY not to ;)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
i HATE my turbo timer. I use it once in a rare while. It came with the car so i cant bitch but 90 percent of the time i jsut turn my car off without the parking brake on so i dont have to deal with turbotiming my car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts