DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS, and i took it to the dealer to have it checked out and have a few things fixed, such as the trim around the windows fixed and one of the fog lights was broken. Now, the mechanic just called today and told me that i have a leaking head gasket? What is this or how do go about having him fix it? And also, how much should this cost? I dont wanna get ripped off ya know? Thanx

Oh yeah, the car has 80k on it

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
He could mean its just leaking oil out around the block-head junction but the cylinders arent leaking... I had a car that did this. Solved it by adding oil at every full tank of gas because it was a POS and not worth the time to fix.

·
Registered
84 Posts
get the mopar head gasket and change it yourself. Not a hard job as long as you follow the torque specs and take your time. Should save you some money$! But if you do not want to tackle this alone try to find maybe a locall speed shop that will give you a bid on the work also. The dealership or (Satan) will surely try to stick you for every dime they can! Just my $.02

L8r:cool: :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts