DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Car-91 Laser RS Turbo, automatic)

I saw in one of the FAQ's that Mitsu recommends keeping the Power/Econ switch in Power, unliess you're above 50mph, in order to avoid undue wear on the tranny. I went looking for a bit more info , but couldn't find any.

Someone wanna clarify?

------------------
Scott Piehler
1991 Laser RS Turbo

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yep its tru. I had a 91 gsx At and I noticed a little power difference because it ran teh gears higher so you always have power. If you leave it on after 50-60 mph it starts wearing on your 3rd and OD gears, and if you are doing about 50 and floor it it will start to wear down 2nd gear because it will drop down a gear to build power and torque. Once this has happened enough or you forget to put the tranny back into POWER after you get of a highway you will notice a big bump feeling once you get off the gas after a quick acceleration. Then you will slowly but surely start killing the tranny. I really dont suggest modding the AT cars because they have a pretty weak tranny, good luck with teh car and I hope this helps.

------------------

1 - 2 of 2 Posts