DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today while changing my oil, I learned an important lesson. So I figured I would share this with the world. Here it is:

When you take the cap off the bottle of oil, make sure the plastic ring comes off with the cap!!!!!! If this step is not done, something will happen to create aggravation and embarassment. I'm sure you can guess what happened.

B.T.W. I used a modified coat hanger with a loop on the end to fish it out!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
LOL! Thanks for the tip!

------------------
Ray
1998 Eclipse GST
Mods: 3" Thermal R&D, Greddy TypeS bov, Greddy IC Piping, Magnecores, dump tube removal, MBC, Sprint Lowering springs, strut bars, Autometer gauges, HKS timer, custom interior, 17" performance rims

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Opps..... **** same thing happened to me once, except it was with my tranny. I was pouring some additive with a really small top, and the dam plastic ring fell into the tranny...

Luckily it didn't cause any damage... Tranny broke down 8K later anyhow.

------------------
1992 Eagle Talon TSI
13.8 @ 105.3 mph AT
Being Converted to 5-spd

·
Registered
333 Posts
my brother let the small cap on tranny fluid fall into his transfer case...... wondering why in the hell it made a crazy noice and kept slipping....
so i swapped out transfer cases with my spare and opened it up to find the little plastic cap all chewed up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts