DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving back home from jack in the crack i see an old high school buddy of mine making a right into the street. Drives a new lexus is300. He hangs out with a few guys 2 houses down from mine, he was on the way there. So I continued towards the intersection behind a car and hes on the right lane next to me, goes through the intersection pretty fast. Ived been wanting a piece of his car for the longest time. I know those cars pack 210hp stock. This guys is300 is a pearl white, clean ass ride. His parents bank, he used to drive a sweet ass 98 mustang cobra convertible, until he wrecked it...lol. As far as i know he has a full catback exhaust and im sure some form of intake. Im pretty sure he has a few other things in it. Anyways he pulls ahead and i quickly get behind him. Were going down a 2 lane street going about 40 i was just tailing him since the next light we were going towards turns this road into a 1 lane road. At this point were only a light away from my house. So he guns it down this 1 lane street, starts picking up good speed about 55-60 and i start to accelerate too. There is a truck in front of him and he passes on the opposite lane, guess what SO DO I. Oh yeah i didnt come in here to get lectured about how insane and unsafe that move was but i knew that and i wanted to risk it. THIS WAS GOING TO BE FUN. So he jumps back on the right way lane and I follow. Another car and he passes again on the opposite side of the lane again, this time i decided to stop and wait i wasnt going to risk it this time since cars were coming and the last light before my house was near. The car in front of me makes a left into the neighboorhood so i proceed behind the lexus is300. Were dead stopped at the red light. He rolls out through the green impressively slow(probably because he knew i was AWD) as soon as he crosses the light he jumps on the opposite side of the lane and i pull next to him, so there we are going at it hes on the opposite side of the lane im in the right lane. I shift to second and catch up quick, right next to his..going at it second gear full blast i cant lose him but im still ahead by a nose and a half. Third gear MY STREET is NEAR!! AH shit should i slow down or finish this , decide to slow down until after i ran down half of third and managed to get a lead of about a car. He slides his car down my street i turn down the street behind mine, come back up hes out of his car at his friends house smoking a cig. I pull up to his parked car...

Convo:
Me: Man that was sweet!
Him: (while smoking a freshly lit cig) Yeah it was, you need brakes bro.
Me: Your car is fast, what do you have?
Him: Just exhaust.
Me: Cool (car coming) car coming, later on! ;)

Just wanted to share that, wanted to see what you guys thought about that race. His car was pretty quick. Any thoughts on what other mods he might have?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
if he pulled pretty hard with you then he's not running soley exhaust. you have some good mods.
Who knows what exhaust means these days.
In today's world it probably means "exhaust....oh yea plus intake, headers, cams, turbo, and gutted interior but its still pretty much stock"

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah he did pull on me pretty good. Remember he did have the lead the whole way through, when we started he probably had about a car on me and was accelerating hard. Then i punched it in first, pulled towards his passenger door, shifted to 2nd and pulled ahead by a nose, then pulled away in 3rd....

Has anyone raced one of these yet?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I haven't seen one race stock, but I did see one race a S2000 on the interstate from a roll of about 40mph. They were both friends and in the same club but they just wanted to race anyways. The IS300 held pretty good through 3rd and first of 4th but then the S2000 got him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts