DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Idle control isn't solely a function of the biss. Clutch is the same. Car should not lock with key in. Door switch is probably defective or rusty(more likely).

·
Registered
223 Posts
As some of you recall I picked up a 91 Tsi AWD the ohter day. I also own a 98 Tsi AWD and a bit spoiled because it runs well.

1. The other day I unlocked the driver door of the 91 click "unlock" pause click "lock". Very strange. In between the lock and unlock clicks I opened door placed my key in the ignition and started it. Popped the hood and shut the door. Adjusted the biss after warm up and was locked out of the car with engine running.

My 98 won't allow doors to lock when the key is in the ignition. Had to call a locksmith and $40.00 later he unlocked the door.

Is this a fault or feature? A setting somewhere? I would think not :confused:

2. The idle is strange. Prior to adjusting the biss the idle was rock steady at 1500 rpm. With air conditioning on it would drop rock steady and hold at a 1000 rpm.
After adjusting the biss to idle at 750 rpm it will sometimes idle at 1000 rpm but most of the time it's 750. Activating air conditioning will drop rpm's from 750 to 600.

3. And last the clutch is slipping. I have an ACT 2100 that I was going to put in my 98 but would rather use it on the 91. I was told that it would fit but need to verfiy this with the experts here.

Bill Norton
98 TsiAWD
91 TsiAWD

·
Registered
836 Posts
On some 1G's it is a normal feature for the doors to cock on their own once you start the engine, It's very easy to open it with the hood open, first you need to pull Crank Position sensor plug to shut off the engine then disconnect the neative battery cable and connect it back on - your doors should be open :) I know, I know it's to late now :(

------------------

·
Registered
223 Posts
If it every tries to go awol on me again, I'll try that ;)

I shut the engine off by pulling the MPI fuse. Probably not the best method. In other news my downpipe from my 98 Tsi AWD fits the 91 like a glove. I going to install the ACT 2100 clutch I've had dormant on a shelf for a year. Whos got great prices on catbacks? Something not too noisey.

Thanks

Bill Norton
98 Tsi AWD
91 Tsi AWD

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,153 Posts
your 98 tsi down pipe fit the 91 awd?
are you suere because i have the chance to get a 2g gst down pipe really cheep. and if it fit my 92 gsx it would save me about $100 :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts