DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 770 Posts

·
Honorary Administrator
2,716 Posts
Re: Lilredeclipse's Project: Unnamed

Wow, another one. You must have serious time on your hands. Good luck!

·
Registered
115 Posts

I gotta tell you Chris, that car looks familiar to me. I could swear I've seen it at the track in the last few years. I could be wrong, though. You forgot to mention that you've joined the awd side of things........or did you? Is this a trailer only Showdown car? If so, I got some stuff for ya!! Axles, driveshaft, 4 bolt, etc. Just kidding. I know you're not crazy like we are. Can't wait to see what this thing materializes into! And yes, you're a glutton for punishment. No, not because you have 3 DSM's (hell, we have 4!), but because you have three '90 DSM's! Enjoy!

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I gotta tell you Chris, that car looks familiar to me. I could swear I've seen it at the track in the last few years. I could be wrong, though. You forgot to mention that you've joined the awd side of things........or did you? Is this a trailer only Showdown car? If so, I got some stuff for ya!! Axles, driveshaft, 4 bolt, etc. Just kidding. I know you're not crazy like we are. Can't wait to see what this thing materializes into! And yes, you're a glutton for punishment. No, not because you have 3 DSM's (hell, we have 4!), but because you have three '90 DSM's! Enjoy!

I knew I'd see you in here sooner or later! You know when you convert that thing over, I might be needing a rear ;)... and those axles... and that driveshaft! HA! I thought I told you it was AWD the other day but I might not have. I think this one will turn into a trailer queen but as for now I will probably drive her to the showdown! :D I think it would get better gas mileage than the trailblazer.

The car use to have a decent build in it from what I heard. But I'm sure the one that's going in it will do just fine. :)

Thanks for the comments guys!

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Did some more. It doesn't look like much but believe me its a lot! There was a rats nest of wiring under the dash that Had to be taken out. Rewired the car for the gauges, vacuumed the car out, put in the black rear seats, put on working hatch struts, hooked up the lever that opens the hatch. I can't remember everything but here are some quick pictures.

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Ok well I did some more today. The interior is finished. I just have to mount the boost controller and turbo timer. I took the wing off and cleaned up the 2 pounds of dirt and leaves that were in there.

I also mounted up the oil cooler and exhaust. I wired up the alternator with the extended harness. As soon as I get a flywheel and sending unit I'll be set.

·
Registered
233 Posts

Damn, that interior is clean. Guessing that I will see this at Rockingham later on this year. :)

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Oh yeah I'll be there :D It should be running really good by then. I had a 4 bolt and DDS prorace axles offered to me earlier for a really good price. Now I just have to sell off some one the spare parts and cars!

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Well I am freaking stoked !! I had her at the track today for the first time.

First pass of the day I wanted to roll out of the hole and just get a feel for her at the track

r/t .435
60ft 2.472
330 6.181
1/8 9.144
mph 86.15
1000 11.553
1/4 13.555
mph 112.56

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ6gBO2hvt0

2nd pass was the money maker of the day decided to say F it and just give her hell.

R/T .105
60ft 1.826
330 5.284
1/8 7.987
mph 92.52
1000 10.289
1/4 12.233
mph 115.02

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLIHXFYZDT8

Enjoy. I look foward to fixing everything I found she needs and taking her back out. I know it has some 11 sec passes in it. Just have to make her do it!

1 - 20 of 770 Posts