DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I just ordered the 95-99 guage pod for the eclipse,talon. Does anyone know what size this comes in? It doesn't tell you. Sooo is is 2 1/16 or 60mm? Please let me know so I can order my guages. :)


Tim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well

Actually for the dual pod holder it doesn't. You only get the option on the 3 pod one.

Tim
 

·
Elite DSMtalker
Joined
·
5,037 Posts
I have the dual pod pillar myself. Gotta say it is absolutely a great piece, solid as can be, and looks absolutely stock. It is a 2 1/16" pod, but I was able to dremel it out slightly and barely fit my 60mm Apexi gauge in there. Still looks fine, but to answer your question a 60mm gauge WILL fit in there with minimal dremeling, and it will still look like it was supposed to be there. Hope that helped.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

Thanks for the info guys! I ordered my guages today so hopefully everything will come about the same time. Also nice to see somebody else from Fredericksburg, 16G-95GSX
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Uuhhhh. Dremeling consists of exactly what?


I don't need a triple a - pillar. I want a double 60 mm. Any other places to find them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
906 Posts
Slappster said:
Uuhhhh. Dremeling consists of exactly what?


I don't need a triple a - pillar. I want a double 60 mm. Any other places to find them?
A dremel is a tool made by Black and Decker I think. You can put all different kind of attachments on it to sand, polish, and port stuff. You can do all kinds of stuff, but in your case you use it to enlarge the hole from 52mm to 60mm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
ChicagoGSX said:


A dremel is a tool made by Black and Decker I think. You can put all different kind of attachments on it to sand, polish, and port stuff. You can do all kinds of stuff, but in your case you use it to enlarge the hole from 52mm to 60mm.
I know what the tool Dremel is. What I meant was do you just hollow out the inside of the pod for it to fit?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,354 Posts
Yes. You simply choose a grinding bit and remove a little material in a circular fashion. You just have to be careful.

Dual 60mm pods are also available from Road Race Engineering, Buschur Racing, and Autometer directly, probably even Options Auto Salon and NOPI.

Probably better to just get the correct size than worry about resizing !

Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
698 Posts
just for some info for ya, if you can cancel that order, i know i would. i'd get an autometer pillar if i was gonna buy one. with the lo-tek, the gauge pods are so close together that one gauge will be in front of the other. you have to end up turning the gauge to the side so that you can see the reading cause one gauge will block the view of the other one. autometer doesn't do that. and since you're going with 60mm gauges, it may be worse. just my 2 cents.
scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
SeatownGST said:
Yes. You simply choose a grinding bit and remove a little material in a circular fashion. You just have to be careful.

Dual 60mm pods are also available from Road Race Engineering, Buschur Racing, and Autometer directly, probably even Options Auto Salon and NOPI.

Probably better to just get the correct size than worry about resizing !

Good luck.
Can't find them anywhere. Even from those stores.


Everybody simply doesn't sell them. Somebody prove me wrong please..:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,354 Posts
Hmmmm, you can get 2 x single 60mm from GReddy directly, I know that.

Sounds like the Dremel requirement is creeping up on you if you only want a dual 60mm. Maybe step down to 52mm gauges ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
How much hollowing out of the pod are we talkin about? Maybe a few millimeters.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Ya I know about the triple 60mm. But I dont want or need another guage. Why doesn't somebody make a double 60mm they have every other size and number. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
698 Posts
anyone have the gauge pillars that horsepower freaks sell? just wondering if the pods are close together like the lotek and get in obstruct the view of the other gauges. otherwise i'm going with autometer again i suppose.
scott
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top