DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys is there anybody around here that has a functioning dsmlink program that I could use for a couple of hours. I have a weird/crazy tune (I'm still learning on link) that isnt exactly good for a freshly built motor, and of course mine doesn't feel like cooperating right now.
I will reimburse you for gas.

·
Honorary Administrator
2,716 Posts
Tell us more about the tune, maybe we can help you out with that.

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
Is the laptop not connecting?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The injectors are dumping a lot of fuel in, we took out the spark plugs and they were covered in gas, the timing is really advanced (I know we can adjust that). It's been several months since I've messed with it so I cant remember what else is weird.
Both my friend (the guy who did the build) and I are completely knew to dsmlink. He's had a little experience with tuning N/A motors but no turbo tunning.

The_EE said:
Is the laptop not connecting?
Yea Jason, it still wont work, I keep getting the exact same message.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I got an idea. Post up on dsmlink forums. Or post it up here. Post your log, post your mods.
My guess is that you didn't set your global or deadtime if you have bigger injectors.
Secondly, why is your timing off? Fix that.

If your laptop is not connecting, go to options and change the com port.

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
Gamble said:
I got an idea. Post up on dsmlink forums. Or post it up here. Post your log, post your mods.
My guess is that you didn't set your global or deadtime if you have bigger injectors.
Secondly, why is your timing off? Fix that.

If your laptop is not connecting, go to options and change the com port.
The problem is, he cant get his laptop to connect. I have been on the phone with him and tried everything I could several days ago to try to get it to connect and its not doing it.

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
blackskygsx said:
The injectors are dumping a lot of fuel in, we took out the spark plugs and they were covered in gas, the timing is really advanced (I know we can adjust that). It's been several months since I've messed with it so I cant remember what else is weird.
Both my friend (the guy who did the build) and I are completely knew to dsmlink. He's had a little experience with tuning N/A motors but no turbo tunning.

Yea Jason, it still wont work, I keep getting the exact same message.
Do you have a palm pilot? You can use DSMLink on one of those as well.

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
Let me check to see whats going on for tomorrow with my sister and see if I can make it down tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Connection timed out error?
Try a different serial cable. Are you useing the keyspan usb adapter or just a straight serial cable?
If the problem is within the dsmlink cable, send it back and they can test it for you.
Or it could the wiring within your obd2 port.

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
Yeah thats why I need to try to get down there. Looks like its a go if he will be there tomorrow.

I planned on bringing my cable etc and laptop and seeing which of those fixes his problems.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I appreciate it Jason but I'm pulling a double shift tomorrow, so I'll be at work from 10am till about 10:30pm. And I work Sunday morning as well. If you could come Sunday afternoon, that would work. And no I dont have a palm pilot.
Gamble- I'm just using a straight serial serial cable. It's obd1 btw. The timings off because we set it high just to help on the initial start up. We'll put it back tonight.

My mods:
6-bolt block
2g ported and polished head
eagle 88mm crankshaft
eagle rods
wisceo pistons
bc 280/280 w/spring/retainer kit
cosmetic headgasket
arp head/main bolts
60-trim
tubular manifold
38mm ext. wastegate
dsmlink
650cc injectors (bigger ones coming soon)
turbo-back
intake
fmic
act 2600 w/ flywheel
egt-boost-oil pressure gauges
wideband
koyo radiator

There are other misc. odds and ends and probably something else I forgot but yea thats about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts