DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here! Parts store employee told me I had an emissions code and to pull a hose off my charcoal canister and reroute it to the bottom of my car. May I please ask where it's located on a 98 Mitsubishi eclipse dohc nonturbo 2.0l, which hose do I pull off, and will doing this keep me from doing another diagnostic scan and getting any other codes of things I may need to fix please? When I pump gas into my tank the pump keeps stopping and takes forever to pump gas, and my car is idling very roughly. I'm very grateful to have found this forum, as I inherited this car from my mom who recently passed, so please be as kind as one can when answering questions y'all may have answered a million times. I may not have put the right words into the search bar to get the answers. She loved her car and I do also. I'm a woman who is afraid to do this bypass of removing a hose from that thing because I'm afraid of tearing the engine up. Disabled and can't afford to buy another one. 馃様 I really need a do it this way for dummies link if anyone has one for this car. 馃様 Thank you, from my heart, to anyone who may read this and offer any assistance.

Registered
Newbie here! Parts store employee told me I had an emissions code and to pull a hose off my charcoal canister and reroute it to the bottom of my car. May I please ask where it's located on a 98 Mitsubishi eclipse dohc nonturbo 2.0l, which hose do I pull off, and will doing this keep me from doing another diagnostic scan and getting any other codes of things I may need to fix please? When I pump gas into my tank the pump keeps stopping and takes forever to pump gas, and my car is idling very roughly. I'm very grateful to have found this forum, as I inherited this car from my mom who recently passed, so please be as kind as one can when answering questions y'all may have answered a million times. I may not have put the right words into the search bar to get the answers. She loved her car and I do also. I'm a woman who is afraid to do this bypass of removing a hose from that thing because I'm afraid of tearing the engine up. Disabled and can't afford to buy another one. 馃様 I really need a do it this way for dummies link if anyone has one for this car. 馃様 Thank you, from my heart, to anyone who may read this and offer any assistance.
Try watching this video , it may help :

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try watching this video , it may help :
Thank you so much!!!! Guy at parts store told me it was a black box looking thing full of charcoal, so I wouldn't have known to look for that thing because it doesn't fit his description if you hadn't shared that video with me! Huge hugs and blessings to you! So grateful for this forum and you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts