DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking into buying a eclipse gst its got about 113000miles and has rebuilt head pistons n rings and crank bearings. he has all paperwork to prove it. but the downfall is that it does not start when you turn the key all you hear is the starter spinning not engaging. so my thought is it needs a new starter.
there asking 2000 for the car do you guys think that its a good deal?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i did:) but its his wifes car and she wasnt home and they will get back 2 me but is 1500-200 worth the car?

·
Registered
489 Posts
If it's just the starter that needs replacing, I'd do it. You should buy a new starter, bring it, install it, and runs, buy it. And installing a starter is really simple. Just a matter of like 3 bolts all together? 2 for the starter and one for the ground.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Seanaynay25 said:
If it's just the starter that needs replacing, I'd do it. You should buy a new starter, bring it, install it, and runs, buy it. And installing a starter is really simple. Just a matter of like 3 bolts all together? 2 for the starter and one for the ground.
Sounds like a good plan but if that was my car I would be having serious second thoughts about selling it for $2000 when some guy came and fixed it in 30 min. right in front of me. I would say thanks buddy, here's some cash for the starter and your services, I'm keeping my car now lol.:D

·
Registered
149 Posts
ssearles said:
Sounds like a good plan but if that was my car I would be having serious second thoughts about selling it for $2000 when some guy came and fixed it in 30 min. right in front of me. I would say thanks buddy, here's some cash for the starter and your services, I'm keeping my car now lol.:D

LoL Yeah if some one fixed my car that didn't work right infront of me i wouldn't sell it to them.

·
Site Administrator
7,762 Posts
Original poster, I see you've been a member for almost 2 years. You should know that we are sticklers for Rule #7. Please take the time to go over the rules again and take extra time on that one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well they said that he needs it gone. they were trying 2 sell it when it was running fine before. so i doubt that they will retract the sale. ill b going there this weekend after i get paid:) i will let you guys know what happens

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
ridefas78 said:
well they said that he needs it gone. they were trying 2 sell it when it was running fine before. so i doubt that they will retract the sale. ill b going there this weekend after i get paid:) i will let you guys know what happens

I strongly suggest you listen to what Kman said.... :cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok the guy mentioned that it over heated very little after they rebuilt it(a mechanics shop did the work) but i seen that there was a big piece of foam in front of the stock intercooler would that cause the car 2 over heat?

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
ridefas78 said:
ok the guy mentioned that it over heated very little after they rebuilt it(a mechanics shop did the work) but i seen that there was a big piece of foam in front of the stock intercooler would that cause the car 2 over heat?
Last warning....please click the link in my sig and read the forum rules with a focus on Rule #7 before posting again. If you dont understand why we are telling you to do so feel free to PM me.

And no the foam in front of the smic wouldnt cause it to overheat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts