DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey whats up.. i am gettin a set of eibach prokit springs off the trader and now i wanna get new shocks to fo with them. what do you guys recommend? street only.. doin it mostly for looks. i heard stock shocks will blow out with these springs thnx guys nice board here later

·
Registered
100 Posts
Is this for a 1G? If you're doing it for looks only, the Eibach ProKit might not be the best bet -- doesn't lower the car too much. I don't think it lowers much more than 0.5 inches (certainly less than 1.0 inches).

I've got the Eibach ProKit on my 1G and like them alot. They're matched with a set of GABS. Decent street springs -- progressive so on the soft shock settings they're not too bad on rough roads. Not too much lowering so I can still adjust the alignment within spec. If I were doing it now, I'd probably get the new KYB's (AGX?) that are like the GABS but softer and cheaper.

·
Founder/Former Owner
5,120 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Is this for a 1G? If you're doing it for looks only, the Eibach ProKit might not be the best bet -- doesn't lower the car too much.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Is there a difference in the ProKit drop between 1G and 2G? My 2G dropped a noticeable amount, and I have got the nastyass air dam scratches to proove it :)

I am waiting on some Tokicos from DSS right now (eleven days and counting...) the cheaper non-adjustable kind. Should have 'em in next week if I get the damn things soon. Actually I am just doing the fronts this time (stockers are leaking).

·
Registered
88 Posts
Eibach Pro Kit springs should lower either 1G or 2G about 1.3" all the way around. Go with the KYB AGXs, you gotta love adjustability!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.