DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to say screw it to the Supra thing and am looking to find a nice DSM, preferably a 2G.

Lower miles the better, although a rebuilt engine'd car with proof and higher miles is fine.

Mods are a good thing, looking for something that I don't really need to build- just keep up with and perhaps improve.

Bad clutch? OK!

Blown trans? OK!

Needs tune? OK!

... my price range is pretty much w/e I sell my Z for or less

If you want my Z, that's fine too, saves me the hassle of selling it (PM me if you want information on that).

Thanks for the space, I want another DSM, bad.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MacGSX said:
Does it even have to have a motor/tranny/soul?

Jordan
Depends how the rest of the car is. No motor doesn't bother me but the rest of the car would need to be worth putting a motor into it, something nice. Wiring would all have to be there, etc. I don't mind putting an engine into something, I do mind having to put the engine in- then splicing new pigtails in, that's a bear!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Does it have to be a 2g? Im thinking of selling my 93 TSi, minus engine and EMS. Just a thought. Might be interested in selling it all, just depends.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I have found the one I am looking for, if the engine doesn't check out (fingers crossed) then I won't take it, otherwise I'll probably get it. It's a 2.3 GT30R'd 2G AWD. Needs AEM EMS (running link now, runs like crap) and a tune, runs the way it is but not well (hopfully a tune related issue) at all. We shall see.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Good luck with that man, I have a friend here in Baltimore selling a 1998 GST for around 6000. It has upgraded turbo (not sure of size, FP 50-trim maybe?) and 550 injectors with S-AFC. If you are interested I can get some more info on it.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
aworldsdeath said:
Good luck with that man, I have a friend here in Baltimore selling a 1998 GST for around 6000. It has upgraded turbo (not sure of size, FP 50-trim maybe?) and 550 injectors with S-AFC. If you are interested I can get some more info on it.
Not really, I am more interested in something with a bit more spring in its step.

·
Registered
286 Posts
If you want a balls out project, give JNZ a call. The owner is trying to sell their "drag car." IE, 10pt cage, bare minimum interior, DSS coilovers..

I looked at it yesterday and the body's in good shape.
Just a thought.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Tim youngblood
nn va
aim is em1turbocivic
cell is 757-846-8792
Yea thats right i have a 98 awd talon leather and power everything 127xxx miles on the shell 400 on the motor. I just got the car back from being built but i have lost interest in the car bc it sat so long. So here are the details
new inner and outter tie rods on both sides
motor is bored .20 over
balance shafts eliminated
arp main and head studs arp rod bolts
micro polished crank
manley h beam rods
mahle pistons
cometic h.g
272 crower cams
crower adj cam gears
fp race manifold
3" turbo back custom exhaust
660 injectors
dsm link with laptop
stage 3 clutch
8k hids
stock rims with good tires
14b turbo currently on car
scm 6031e turbo good for 600 hp needs rebuild $200 from pte
external w.g tial 40 mil
greddy type s bov
sbr fmic with custom piping
turbo xs mbc
255 fuel pump
boost and pyro gauge
Also have extras and lots of them
3g lifters
stock exhaust mani with lil porting done
stock exhaust mani with 38 mil wastegate hole.
ac compressor
nuts n bolts and other random shit
stock exhaust

The car is built for 30+ psi of boost and should be capable of 12 if not 11 sec 1/4 and over 400 awhp if tuned proper.
With all that being said i will set the price at 11k obo or trade for a good clean car plus cash from you most likely.
Im not in a hurry to get rid of the car so the trade has to be perfect for me in order to sell or trade it.
Im interested in a is300 sc400 5 speed only s2k wrx clean civics cbr 600 i dont want a project car pretty much is what im sayin.
here are a few pix i can get more sometime soon. leather is in great shape all interior pieces are there pretty much good to go.
Ac is not hooked up but can be. PS works and everything.
let me know what you have to trade and we can talk about it

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
What the hell is with the price fluctuations in DSMs in the past 6 months.

I used to be able to find a GSX with a built motor and tranny for 7.5k. Shit, I even found one with a built motor for 4k.

*thinks prices will go down once the crack is out of peoples bloodstreams, and recognize that nobody is dumb enough to pay that*

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Sebba said:
What the hell is with the price fluctuations in DSMs in the past 6 months.

I used to be able to find a GSX with a built motor and tranny for 7.5k. Shit, I even found one with a built motor for 4k.

*thinks prices will go down once the crack is out of peoples bloodstreams, and recognize that nobody is dumb enough to pay that*

If you can show me an add that lists a 2gb GSX with a built motor for 7.5k then I would be impressed. Ive seen bone stock GSX's going for 8-10k for years now. What makes you think I properly builk one would go for less?

Jordan

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
Dude, I am not bullshitting, and I am not saying "Hey, I heard this guy sold this for less" I am speaking from personal experiance.

Also, this was 7-8 months ago.

If I remember correctly it was a Buschur shortblock too.

My entire point was that you can no longer find these deals, as if the price has gone up.

As far as stock ones (with 90k on the clock) being sold for 10k, yeah dealers on eBay will try and stick you.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Interested?
1995 OBDII Eclipse GSX
All Wheel drive
Turbo/Intercooler
Full Leather Intr (Including rear leather buckets, factory)
Power everything, Windows, Locks, Mirrors,
Power Seat
Cruise Controle
Tint (old but still not fishbowlin it)
Rebuilt stock turbo (been on since christmas, Zero shaft play) ($434? I have the invoice somewhere)

Last month,
New Headliner ($185)
New Battery ($76)
New Starter (idk, $60? I dont remembr)
Rebuilt Alternator ($75)
And some other stuff,

Minor Mods:
Greddy Type S bov
Hard Upper charge Pipe
3"Open exhaust
18" wheels
Debadged rear end (clean!)

Its hooked up to the stock boost controller 11psi

Its pretty much stock... And pretty clean for a 95....
idk theres more but here are some pics, if your interested I'll give you more details...

If your interested PM me

·
Elite DSMtalker
586 Posts
I havent had any contact back from this guy on either threads he has posted in. I'm not sure if he is still looking or what. I'm about to put my car back to stock if I don't hear back.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Sebba said:
Dude, I am not bullshitting, and I am not saying "Hey, I heard this guy sold this for less" I am speaking from personal experiance.

Also, this was 7-8 months ago.

If I remember correctly it was a Buschur shortblock too.

My entire point was that you can no longer find these deals, as if the price has gone up.

As far as stock ones (with 90k on the clock) being sold for 10k, yeah dealers on eBay will try and stick you.
The prices have gone up. The KBB value on my '97 Spyder GS-T is actually higher than it was two years ago when I bought it. There was an article on MSN a few weeks ago about the prices and demands for 4-cylinder cars rising steadily because of gas prices.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts