DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a mechanical temperature gauge, and oil pressure guage. I dont want one thats electrical because if i ever run into electrical problems ti wont read properly..

Any suggestions on sites or manufacturers would be a giant help..

·
Banned
158 Posts
You looking to spend alot, or go cheap. IF you want a decent guage for a good price. Go to walmart in the auto section. They have Equis mechanical guages. Like 25 bucks for oil, water, and volt guage. They are pretty decent guages, i have had a set for about 2 years in several different cars. They still work great. If you get thouse though, go to oreilly and get the copper line kit for it. That plastic crap sucks ass.

·
Honorary Administrator
17,457 Posts
How often do you hear of guys running into electrical problems that make the gauges inaccurate? I never have.

Running an in cockpit mechanical oil pressure gauge sounds like bad news if you ask me.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i agree, i have electrical gauges and have not had any problems with them, and running fluid into the car does sound kind of dangerous.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I need some help here....

Quick poll please...

MECHANICAL ............. or ................ ELECTRONIC

I just dont know which to pick, you guys say electronic, my mechanic thinks mechanical would be good, just in case. Help me out.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Mechanical is more accurate but the electrical is easier to install. Most people are scared to actually run a line inside the car with a mechanical. Its really all up to you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what are they afraid of.. The guy running my gauges through the car builds drag cars.. so i have confidence in him.

He reccomended mechanical, so i dono what to do.

·
Banned
158 Posts
The mechanical oil pressure guages are fine IF you buy the copper tubing kit. As far as a temp guage go with the electric. Those probes are so easy to break on those mechanical temp guages, than you gotta buy a whole new guage. You can get a decent electric temp guage for 30 bucks. As far as the oil, the electric ones are a little more expensive, just make sure to not use that crappy nylon line. If you don't kink it it will work good, but it is way to wasy to kink and that you get leaks, 20-60psi pf oil+hole in line+line being car is just not a good thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts