DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my WB I am getting a 10 AFR at half throttle with my fuel trims zeroed out (I think). This seems very rich to me. My throttle position is at 30-70, so anything inbetween the SAFCII calcuates the average settings between the Lo and Hi right? So should I lean out my low fuel trims to get my half throttle AFR to around an 11? or is this normal for half throttle? My WOT AFR is around 11.2. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
What RPM range are you in when your going 1/2 throttle? Do you take the whole range at 1/2, and it stays 10:1 for the most part?

You can take a % or two out and see if the car feels better. Its kinda hard to tell you how to tune your car over the internet. Feeling the car, for me at least, is one of the best ways to tune, with guages and such of course....

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I pretty much take it to around 5K and the AFR stays at 10. So do I need to keep leaning the Lo fuel trims out to get the AFR to around 11 at half throttle? But the thing is I think I have my fuel trims dialed in pretty good.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I pretty much take it to around 5K and the AFR stays at 10. So do I need to keep leaning the Lo fuel trims out to get the AFR to around 11 at half throttle? But the thing is I think I have my fuel trims dialed in pretty good.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not to bring this back, but with my fuel trims pretty much zeroed out I am getting a 10 afr still at half throttle. So should I lean it out more to get around an 11 even though my fuel trims with my logger tell me otherwise?

·
Registered
213 Posts
10.5 to 1 AFR my car wont even boost, it just starts backfiring and smells like straight gasoline coming out the exhaust. it runs OK at 11.5:1. I'm running 14.7:1 at low throttle, the car seems to do best there. For hi throttle I try to keep it around 11.9-12:1 on 93 octane.

As far as SAFC settings, it seems to me like you should be tuning the low throttle at whatever your low throttle point is set at. IE if its 30% then tune your afr at 30% throttle. Then see what it is like during the low to high throttle transition and make small adjustments if necessary.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.